New and Improved Headrest Clamp

Sorry I'm not exactly up and up on my PMs right now. My broken hand and its in a cast right now and my other hand with a gimp thumb have basically left me lame for the last few weeks. I just need a bit more time to heal up and work on getting those parts out. Sorry for making everyone wait :(
Sorry to hear that mate, get well soon

ratz

Wielder of the Rubber Mallet
Sorry I'm not exactly up and up on my PMs right now. My broken hand and its in a cast right now and my other hand with a gimp thumb have basically left me lame for the last few weeks. I just need a bit more time to heal up and work on getting those parts out. Sorry for making everyone wait :(

Yikes, I was thinking how did I miss that post; they I realized you probably can barely type.... Heal as fast as you ride sir.

Tuloose

Guru
I just saw this topic - what a great fix for what, for me, was the most frustrating part of assembling my Silvio.
I always thought the original head rest clamp assembly was a mickey mouse setup at best.
I'm surprised they are still using it. I had thought it might have been improved upon in the upgraded versions of the Silvio & Vendetta.
I spent hours fiddling with the damn thing, attaching the seat for testing before taking the seat off once again until I had it right.

RojoRacing

Donut Powered Wise-guy
Ok everyone sorry for the massive delay in shipping one clamps to those who are waiting, but I got my cast off last week and I'm on the mend and ready to start shipping again. For those of you who are out of the country sorry but I have yet to take the field trip to the post office and do the needed homework for shipping out of the country. It's still on my to do list and when I get around to it I'll let everyone know what I find, again I'm very sorry your having to suffer from my laziness.

For those of you in the USA, if you have sent me a PM requesting a clamp and didn't receive a response from me this morning then send me another one because I apparently missed you.

trplay

Zen MBB Master
I have put a couple thousand miles on the Rojo Clamp System (RJS) and can report it has worked for me much better than the stock scissor clamp. One might think that once you have the headrest dialed in it doesn't make much difference but read on if you are open to other viewpoints. I found the Rojo design very useful in that I can easily adjust the headrest during rides. This allows you to find the magical spot faster and easier. But, surprise, surprise, there's more! During my vacation trip I took both the Silvio and Vendetta. The Vendetta used the RCS while the Silvio has a stock scissor. During transport I can get six more inches of leg room in the vehicle with the headrests removed. This is huge. With the RJS I could insert and pull out the headrest with ease while removing the Silvio headrest was a major pain and time killer. In fact with the RJS I found with the right tension I could slide the headrest in and out without any screw adjustment. It is a simple as push or pull. No slips , no rattles, just a firm headrest. It's a winner, winner chicken dinner for me. Guess I need another RJS for the Silvio.

trapdoor2

Zen MBB Master
Got my Rojoclamp yesterday...haven't had a moment to install it yet. Very simple, elegant design, nicely made. Well done!

edit: I found 2min in my schedule this evening and installed it. Brilliant!

Last edited:

Always-Learnin

Vendetta Love
I too got my "Rojoclamp" and have installed it. To my amazement, when I removed my seat to do so, there was NO SCISSOR CLAMP installed! I was wondering why I couldn't get rid of some weird clattering when I rode. Now I know why. Thanks RojoRacing for your fine product.

RojoRacing

Donut Powered Wise-guy
I too got my "Rojoclamp" and have installed it. To my amazement, when I removed my seat to do so, there was NO SCISSOR CLAMP installed! I was wondering why I couldn't get rid of some weird clattering when I rode. Now I know why. Thanks RojoRacing for your fine product.

So what was keeping it place originally?

Always-Learnin

Vendetta Love
So what was keeping it place originally?
Apparently, only the "plastic clamps" that attach to the seat on each side under the seat and also to the headrest bar. I had a Bent Up Cycles Aero Bag installed on the headrest that must have been holding it too. Bizarre!

My Silvio 2.0+ was a like new demo bike that I presume, they left the scissor clamp out of in order to quickly "size it" to riders. When I bought it, apparently they forgot to include it. This is my best guess.

Jason. I would be interested in one of your clamps if you still have them available. I have an older Silvio, will these clamps work with the one hole model? I think I could just drill a new hole for the screw.

RojoRacing

Donut Powered Wise-guy
Sorry but I'm out of stock for now but will make more when I have time but right now I'm slammed with stuff. It has been said it'll work with just one but you'll be getting two regardless so just drill a second hole and your good to go.

UPDATE: All clamp sets come with two bolts regardless of whether you need none, one or two. It's just going to make things easier with everyone needing different things due to Cruzbikes change in standards over the generations.

ratz

Wielder of the Rubber Mallet
For those following along future bikes will have a Jason inspired clamp and the scissors clamps will be a thing of the past. In the meantime keep rewarding Jason for this innovations with as many purchases as he can handle; the clamps are one of the best bang for the buck upgrades you can do; I already have one for the frame I haven't even ordered yet. (Priorities).

RojoRacing

Donut Powered Wise-guy
Anyone who wants just send me a simple PM and note you know they're are currently out of stock and I'll go through all my PM's after I make the next batch.

RojoRacing

Donut Powered Wise-guy
For those following along future bikes will have a Jason inspired clamp and the scissors clamps will be a thing of the past. In the meantime keep rewarding Jason for this innovations with as many purchases as he can handle; the clamps are one of the best bang for the buck upgrades you can do; I already have one for the frame I haven't even ordered yet. (Priorities).

I was wondering what ever became of that conversation I had with the powers to be. I never heard back about whether or not they secured a line on mass producing the clamp for future bikes. I'm sure some out that can make them for pennies on the dollar it cost me.