Conversion Kit question

chrisblessing

Greetings. I wonder if anyone might have the actual thread size and pitch of the allen-head bolt used to secure the conversion kit chainstay to the fork adapter.

Many thanks.

dino snider 2

Nope. Er, dumb question: how do I start a new thread? Working on custom mixed standard ZapDX knockoff (gutless like SX) with battery and capacitor for 'nitro button' effect- briefly 24 vs 12V). Thanks.

castlerobber

Zen MBB Master
how do I start a new thread?
From the main Forums page, click on the section you want to post in (Race Series, Road Series, Marketplace, etc.). You'll see a list of existing threads. At the top right, just below the search box, is a gray "Post New Thread" button.

chrisblessing

Thanks Doug. I was able to replace the bolts with a longer bolt with the correct pitch (M6 1.00 pitch). I ordered both stainless and black aluminum (which looks great). I'll post updated photos of my conversion when it's back together in October.

wave66rider

I have a v/2k frame with a conversion kit. I recently converted the bike from "down tube steering" to "behind headset steering" what I did to make room for my knees was put the seat-pan all the way forward and I was able to recline back nicely. Here is the dilemma, I am really heavy on the front in fact I hit the breaks on a turn and slid out. Should I put the seat back as far as possible, I may need a curved seatpost to get nice and reclined and weight on the rear.