1up indoor trainer fitting?

Winded Lowrider

I finally managed to fit the Vendetta to my 1Up trainer. It took ordering and extra long quick release skewer and removing one spacer nut. Now it seems locked in and stable without clamping down on the frame ( just the skewer) Has anyone else made this trainer work with the Vendetta? I'd love to hear your story...with light snow on the ground in seattle it's time for a workout!Cruzbike1Up.JPG

ratz

Wielder of the Rubber Mallet
Danger.... turn the trainer around. You want the resistance drum on the back side of the wheel.

I did it that way at first too. It ended badly for the wheel.

Winded Lowrider

Maybe I spoke too soon,,,sigh

With the trainer flywheel in back the mounted V20 wobbles in the stand a bit too much for my comfort. Clamp is tight on skewer yet there is a bit of side to side play in the whole unit which I think is bad. If I really crank up the power it's bound to wobble, putting stress on something important....I'll keep trying to adjust...

what trainers do folks use with the Vendetta? any wobble?

ratz

Wielder of the Rubber Mallet
Your rotating the drum backwards. When it kicks (hundreds of times a minute) it will throw the wheel upward causing seperation from drum requiring greater tension on the spring. These micro slips wears down the tire and causes excess heart. When the tire blows it will grab you attention.

It’s not obvious until it is. Turn it around and it will stabilize.

MrSteve

Zen MBB Master
Mount the bike with the resistance drum/flywheel behind the front tire.
Between you and the wheel.
Not in front; not under your feet.

I have posted which skewer I used already... do the work and search.

Winded Lowrider

Yeah I already have the long skewer. Problem is that the increased length makes the clamp "wobbly". I removed two of the clamp nuts to make the clamp work. With both bolts the cones stick out too far for the long skewer. With one bolt the risk is that it might come loose. It may be that the bottom bracket under power moving side to side is not the best for this 1 Up trainer. I may try again to get the clamp cones to seat correctly. The best I could do the BB moved almost 1/3 inch side to side shifting the skewer in the clamp noticeably. My Lowracer does not wobble on this trainer, although the BB does move/flex side to side.

Front or back arrangement? I've run the front arrangement with my FWD low racer for 6 years with no issues. 1up said the best way to set up the flywheel tension is to make it tight by hand, deflate the tire a bit then tighten again and re-inflate the tire. Very little slippage or heat build up.