2 cents on rear hydraulic disk brake length

Lim

On my last and only recumbent, performer 26” under-bar highracer, had front/rear mechanical disk brake, probably BB5. They extremely annoyed me all time. It made screeching noise in the middle of quite night riding and screaming scratch when in rain. Alignment was difficult and often it need re-adjustment of cable. Maybe I was not good enough self-serving mechanic.

This time I am considering hydraulic disk brake on my T-50. The very entry model, BD-M315 from Shimano is affordable, $60 for front and rear, and seem to be doing his job well. They are coming in length 1000mm and 1700mm, front and back respectively.Have any one tried the rear cable length 1700 on your T-50 or (similar shaped Quest)? Please share your findings.

I was certain that I would use 26” x 2.0” wheelset and tire on T-50 but changed my mind to 27.5” x 1.6” (38-650b) after I learned that new T-50 have a enough clearance to accommodate 27.5” x 1.5” or 27.5" x 1.75" or 700 x 28 wheels and tires from the forum. As I commute 20 miles to work place and 20 miles back home almost every day. 27.5" can save my commute time without sacrificing much of 26” stability. Luckily I am contacting one local rider nearby who put the post for selling his ‘Fulcrum Red Power with Sram XD Body’. XD body was unexpected but why not? I could use Sram 10-42 instead of common Shimano 11-42.