2017 Race and Event Season

David J-E

Is anyone else riding the Race The Lake Century on Sunday in Fond du Lac, WI?

This is a hybrid race / supported ride through some very pretty country with some elevation change but mostly pretty flat. I rode in it a few years ago on my Bachetta CA 2.0, and I confirmed with the organizers this year that it is recumbent-friendly (don't know what they'd do if anyone on a recumbent actually came in the money). I realize the notice is short but wanted to at least let others in the Tribe know about it and that I'd be there with my new-ish V.

ratz

Wielder of the Rubber Mallet
Is anyone else riding the Race The Lake Century on Sunday in Fond du Lac, WI?

This is a hybrid race / supported ride through some very pretty country with some elevation change but mostly pretty flat. I rode in it a few years ago on my Bachetta CA 2.0, and I confirmed with the organizers this year that it is recumbent-friendly (don't know what they'd do if anyone on a recumbent actually came in the money). I realize the notice is short but wanted to at least let others in the Tribe know about it and that I'd be there with my new-ish V.

My stopping grounds for 40 years; you'll have rollers and wind on the east side you can coast up most of them if you hit 28 at the bottom. West side much flatter... Depending on the route only Hill Cliff state park could be any challenge if they route it there.

NeaL

Guru
It's 2018 now. Is there going to be a new pinned thread for the 2018 season?

Is there a database online someplace where anyone can search for recumbent-friendly events? I'm building up three T50s for my kids and I'd like to find something local where they can get a taste for the bike racing experience, so we can decide from there if it might be something worth investing in further for them.

If someone takes the time to list events in a new thread, maybe list them according to which state (province, country) they're happening in?

NeaL

Guru
I can't think of anything cooler than brother and sister side by side racing up Watopia mountain. Did I mention Zwift gives Children under 13 a free account:

Zwift has announced that kids under 13 may ride free as long as their registered guardian’s account is a paying member in good standing. Big kudos to Zwift for making this move to encourage more riding from youngsters!

Ha! I was thinking of mentioning that I have dreams of someday having four race-ready V20s in the garage for good weather days and four additional, dedicated V20 frames mounted on KICKRs, each with large flat-screen TVs hooked up for Zwift, down in the basement. But I decided to spare everyone my sometimes excessive ramblings.

I've learned already that I can get all three kids started on something new but maybe only one of them takes a serious interest in it. So if I'm lucky we might see at least one T50 with Boyd wheels and SRAM E-tap out there in a few races, before moving those components over to a V20 frame.

RojoRacing

Donut Powered Wise-guy
no racing so far on the calendar for me with a new job and other life changes hell, I'll barely even ridden in the past two months. I'll post up when I plan something epic.