2017 Texas Time Trial - live results!

CruzLike

Guru
Congrats Jason. You won a difficult ride.

You finished the ride a day faster than my mind could do it. 5 days faster than my body.

trapdoor2

Zen MBB Master
Brilliant job, Jason. Well done!

Now, who's next on the list...?

Found it: Larry Oz has completed 2 laps of the 12 hr and is currently riding 2nd only a few seconds behind Rich Putish (another recumbent rider).

Go Larry, Go!

Jim P. starts at 11am for the 6hr, Maria starts at 3pm for the Sprint. Would be great to see Cruzbikes #1 across the board!

Last edited:

super slim

Zen MBB Master
Jason 4 hrs ahead of the second rider is AMAZING, and the recumbent record!!!!
See what you can do when riding a MBB Cruzbike rocket instead of a RWD recumbent, AND you did not fall over!!

Jason 4 hrs ahead of the second rider is AMAZING, and the recumbent record!!!!
See what you can do when riding a MBB Cruzbike rocket instead of a RWD recumbent, AND you did not fall over!!
I hope Jason stands on the 500 mile winning podium. The “500/solo/recumbent/male” category has Jason and two others who DNF’d.

RojoRacing

Donut Powered Wise-guy
Thanks everyone for the support and yes I read every text that came across my phone and did my best to respond to each in real time. I finished the race with both my garmin and phone at 1% battery, I have no idea how my garmin held on for the finish over those last 30 mins.

trapdoor2

Zen MBB Master
I don't understand the results. How can you have a "6hr" event and have someone post a time of 7:24? (two-person team in 2nd place behind Jim). I can understand stopping riders from taking another lap if there is insufficient time left to make a full lap...but it looks like some riders kept going after the time ran out while others stopped well short of the end (nearly an hour short).

How does it work out?

castlerobber

Zen MBB Master
I don't understand the results. How can you have a "6hr" event and have someone post a time of 7:24?
I found the "race bible" on the event web site. They allow prorated laps:

"5. Only complete laps count. You may ride an additional (prorated) lap if you cross the start/finish before your cut off time but you must complete the entire lap for any prorated credit. This is our most misunderstood rule; so if you do not understand it, please contact us! If you decide to do a prorated lap, one that will not be completed at the finish time of your race. You must alert the lap counter by announcing, "I will be doing a Prorated Lap". We will then know not to calculate your total miles until you return. In many cases this last lap will decide the race winner. You may be in first place when you cross the start/finish line of your last lap. However, if the racer behind you does a prorated lap and you do not, he/she wins by having earned more miles on his prorated lap. There is no prorated lap for the fixed distance races."

It sounds like they only count the part of the prorated lap up to the official stop time of that race (5 p.m. for the 6-hour), but the rider has to finish the entire lap to earn the prorated part. That must be how Jim got 125 miles instead of 132.5 or 106. Riders are allowed to stop short on the 6/12/24 hour races without getting a DNF, unlike the fixed-distance 500-mile and sprint races.

From the Cruzbike Facebook page:
"6-hour: Jim Parker placed first overall and smashed the recumbent course record of110 miles by going 125 miles. This distance is the 4th farthest for the event for any bike type and the farthest for anyone over the age of 50 on any bike. (5 laps, about 8,000 ft of climbing)."

trapdoor2

Zen MBB Master
I found the "race bible" on the event web site. They allow prorated laps:

"5. Only complete laps count. You may ride an additional (prorated) lap if you cross the start/finish before your cut off time but you must complete the entire lap for any prorated credit. This is our most misunderstood rule; so if you do not understand it, please contact us! If you decide to do a prorated lap, one that will not be completed at the finish time of your race. You must alert the lap counter by announcing, "I will be doing a Prorated Lap". We will then know not to calculate your total miles until you return. In many cases this last lap will decide the race winner. You may be in first place when you cross the start/finish line of your last lap. However, if the racer behind you does a prorated lap and you do not, he/she wins by having earned more miles on his prorated lap. There is no prorated lap for the fixed distance races."

Ok, that makes much more sense. I was thinking along those lines. I imagine they take an average speed for the last x laps and pro-rate your distance based on when you go thru the gate again. Probably the easiest course of action. Thanks!

Thanks everyone for the support and yes I read every text that came across my phone and did my best to respond to each in real time. I finished the race with both my garmin and phone at 1% battery, I have no idea how my garmin held on for the finish over those last 30 mins.
Backlight, bluetooth, GLOSNASS off will give you longer battery.