6-12-24 Hour World Time Trial Championships Perez vs the World

RojoRacing

Donut Powered Wise-guy
Please don't call Krispy Kreme products donuts around me, I'm not sure what those fake little glazed cake things are but they are disgusting.

I did mention my 7 min total stop in an early post but forgot it in my little spread sheet.

RojoRacing

Donut Powered Wise-guy
Monster truck tires on a dual aero disc wheeled bent. I never got to see it other then the few time I passed him but those wheels were super wide and the tires had to be close to 2" width. He wasn't as stable as myself in the high cross winds the last hour but he was far from as unstable as I would have expected.
IMG_7520.JPG

RojoRacing

Donut Powered Wise-guy
A couple more pics from the race. First myself then Mikael Hamonic from France who was the only other bent rider in my age division. Notice how he looks more aero then me but somehow I look more relaxed and comfortable the way the seat and bike hold me up. He may have the lower CDA but I ask you which one looks like the better all around setup of all types of racing including the mountains I so often find myself in. Looking closer at Mikael picture I sure hope to god there some kind of head support that I just can't see at that angle.
23509130_1744290208928637_6409256386550547825_o.jpg
23632010_1744291615595163_1247788995870609295_o.jpg

nobrakes

That looks like quite a painful eye position to hold for a long time - yours looks much more natural.

bladderhead

Zen MBB Master
They look like treadless tyres. I did not know you could get treadless that wide. What is the elephant doing?

That yellow guy looks uncomfortable. I wonder if his breathing is restricted. What is the apparatus under his handlebars?

Jason knows about nasty neck stress because his headrest fell off before.

MrSteve

Zen MBB Master
Rider #187 looks like he's as reclined as my Sofrider... and, if he's anything like me, he's both very comfortable and his breathing is easy.
And, yeah: He's more aero than Jason for sure... but everyone knows who had the better motor!
Congratulations, J.P.!

RojoRacing

Donut Powered Wise-guy
Rider #187 looks like he's as reclined as my Sofrider... and, if he's anything like me, he's both very comfortable and his breathing is easy.
And, yeah: He's more aero than Jason for sure... but everyone knows who had the better motor!
Congratulations, J.P.!

Well actually he said he was extremely uncomfortable with all the roughness of the asphalt which caused him to take several long break in the pits. We didn't discuss what changes to his bike could have made it better but it was clear he wouldn't be bringing that model back again.

RojoRacing

Donut Powered Wise-guy
They look like treadless tyres. I did not know you could get treadless that wide. What is the elephant doing?

That yellow guy looks uncomfortable. I wonder if his breathing is restricted. What is the apparatus under his handlebars?

Jason knows about nasty neck stress because his headrest fell off before.

If you look closely it looks like a large lever with cable house coming out the front. My crew told me when he stopped he was able to tip his whole handlebar setup upwards to making getting on and off the bike easier. What your looking at may be the lever release for the locking mechanism.

DavidCH

In thought; expanding the paradigm of traversity
A couple more pics from the race. First myself then Mikael Hamonic from France who was the only other bent rider in my age division. Notice how he looks more aero then me but somehow I look more relaxed and comfortable the way the seat and bike hold me up. He may have the lower CDA but I ask you which one looks like the better all around setup of all types of racing including the mountains I so often find myself in. Looking closer at Mikael picture I sure hope to god there some kind of head support that I just can't see at that angle.
View attachment 5881
View attachment 5882
Birds of a feather flock together. The guy in the color lime ... not sure what it is... is it an encore? It sure doesn't suit that style of race. Definitely give a better result on total flat. I looked on the ride on Strava ... the elevation looked up and down like a yoyo. Thor forever...

RojoRacing

Donut Powered Wise-guy
Birds of a feather flock together. The guy in the color lime ... not sure what it is... is it an encore? It sure doesn't suit that style of race. Definitely give a better result on total flat. I looked on the ride on Strava ... the elevation looked up and down like a yoyo. Thor forever...

Nope that's just strava odd scaling of the elevation profile, the course is very flat or at least flat enough to not matter what bike you bring.

LMT

Looks to be M5 CHR