Another new V owner

Phantomrider

Greetings from the Lone Star State

My Blue V arrived yesterday right on time and many thanks to Robert and Maria for the prompt responses to my inquiries.

I am currently riding a CA2 and plan to make this transition in the next few days. Currently my CA2 is setup with 36/52 Qrings on 150mm cranks(thanks to larry Oz), Enduro XD-15 BB, 11-32 10sp Cassette, Reynolds wheels and TT500 bar end shifters, Avid Brake levers.

I have given some thought to my components but wanted to post them here to see what feedback I may get.

My proposal for the V is

SRAM E-Tap brifters
SRAM Red Wifli RD
SRAM Red FD
SRAM XG-1190 11/32 11 sp Cassette
Either the SRAM 1190 Chain or a KMC SL 11 Blue Chain
Move my Enduro XD-15 BB, Cranks and Wheels over to the V
FSA Gossamer Pro rim brakes

Your thoughts would be appreciated, I have read Ratz build diary at least 10 times in the past couple of weeks and watch the build Videos posted by Robert.

I had the pleasure of attending the Texas Time Trials and visiting with Jim, Maria, Larry, Jason and Alvin. what a wealth of knowledge they imparted to me during that few hours I was there. Now all I have to do is remember it.

Lief

Guru Schmuru
Welcome! Can't wait to see that beauty.
+1 for the kmc chain. Don't know if the colored chains are better/worse/same as the gold ones @ratz uses - I chose to stick with the silver "normal?" one for my black V20...if I'd thought to ask I might have ordered the black ones.

ratz

Wielder of the Rubber Mallet
Welcome! Can't wait to see that beauty.
+1 for the kmc chain. Don't know if the colored chains are better/worse/same as the gold ones @ratz uses - I chose to stick with the silver "normal?" one for my black V20...if I'd thought to ask I might have ordered the black ones.

The non-gold ones lack the treatment that makes the chain super hard and prevent it getting loose and wearing down the components.

RojoRacing

Donut Powered Wise-guy
Get the gold ones like ratz said because they are the bomb and plus since you'll you'll need to buy more then one because they aren't long enough the cost is much better on the gold chains. Don't forget the cyclestar mirror because safety matters, although with the freindly drivers you have out there I wonder if it's even necessary ;)

Phantomrider

Get the gold ones like ratz said because they are the bomb and plus since you'll you'll need to buy more then one because they aren't long enough the cost is much better on the gold chains. Don't forget the cyclestar mirror because safety matters, although with the freindly drivers you have out there I wonder if it's even necessary ;)
More than one chain, thought this was a single chain....did I miss something?

Don1

Guru
yes yes but really dont see what the blue is like in the stark light of day. btw i watch that video daily ....saving every cent

ratz

Have you ordered from this ali store before my experience with aliexpress is sometimes they can take a VERY long time to ship orders
Usually Chains ship in about a week or 2. With the amount of Chain I need for all my bikes it's worth it. I like to wax a few at time to consolidate the mess so it makes sense to have a few. Time was the Golds where $80 meaning I could buy 3 for $90 and have two V20 chains; and spares for making more in the future.

ReklinedRider

Zen MBB Master
YBN's are not as pretty as the KMC gold chains but if you plan to wax your chains, and have a few bucks to spare to save yourself the effort of deep cleaning (which is much easier with an ultrasonic cleaner of course) and the first waxing, Molten Speed Wax will sell you a cleaned, already waxed chain (for more money of course!). Then you really never need to clean them again, just re-wax periodically. Of course you need to buy 3 to make 2 complete Vendetta chains, but you've already got a $5000 bike so what the heck. Save some prep time and go ride!
I just bought one for a DF bike I'm currently building up, will see how this pre-waxed YBN works out.

Phantomrider

Just unpacked the frame and started the build. I don’t find the piece that goes in the frame to mount the headrest too. Is there something I’m
Missing here ?????

ratz

Just unpacked the frame and started the build. I don’t find the piece that goes in the frame to mount the headrest too. Is there something I’m
Missing here ?????
Usually in the small box of parts with the bar tape