Another option for a seat pack for T50

rx7mark

Guru
A couple of people have asked me about my behind the seat bag that I use on my T50, so I thought I would start a new post to share.

I did not want to use a rack and panniers, and the under frame bag that Cruzbike sells is too small and not waterproof. So after looking at options I ordered a 10 liter NEWBOLER Bicycle Saddle Bag Bike Seat Bag from Amazon. This was cheap enough for an experiment, but not fully waterproof. Several companies make fully water proof bags like this for a little more money.
Bike bag.jpg

Then with a couple of 3/4 inch nylon straps and buckles from the local REI to go around the seat, I had a bag for commuting on my T50. It's pretty quick and easy to install, holds from 3L to 10L. Notice the Velcro post strap goes around the frame at the bottom. I think there might be larger versions up to 14l plus the fully waterproof version I mentioned earlier. But I think mine will stay pretty dry once I install fenders. Its enough for a change of clothes, rain gear, wallet, and phone.

Mark

Bag on T50.jpg Bike Bag.jpg

Lim

Hey Rx7mark. It looks that you install sram grip shift with grip. Which handle bar did you use? Mine, velo orange postino does not have long enough straight length for grip and grip shifter and brake lever. How did you make that happen?

rx7mark

Guru
Yep, I had no issues fitting SRAM GX grip shifters to WALD 8095 Touring bars, but they are a little to close, I have long arms. So I am going to try some SOMA Gator bars next, which are designed for offroad and should work also. Check out page 18 of the what are you going to build T50 thread for some pictures of the Gator bar.

Mark

Brad R

Hey Rx7mark. It looks that you install sram grip shift with grip. Which handle bar did you use? Mine, velo orange postino does not have long enough straight length for grip and grip shifter and brake lever. How did you make that happen?
I have the postino bars. I love them. I am using clamp on grips that have a stiff plastic that supports the soft part of the grip. The plastic effectively extend the handlebar by the required inch. The clamp on grips are available in a short/long pair to support grip shifters.

Lim

I have the postino bars. I love them. I am using clamp on grips that have a stiff plastic that supports the soft part of the grip. The plastic effectively extend the handlebar by the required inch. The clamp on grips are available in a short/long pair to support grip shifters.

Okay. I only thought that the cutting the grip is the only option. Thanks for another option.