Anyone run tubeless tires on converted rims?

Kenneth

After some research on the internet about tubeless being really good for not getting flats i bought some tubeless tires ,Schwalbe Evolution and converted my rims.
Today i went to the LBS to use their compresser to set the tire, which worked fine. But the mechanic put the fear of God in me telling me that the tire was likely to blow of the rim because it wasn't a tubless rim.
I had understood that because of the bead on the tubless tire and the lower pressure it was fine to do.
Now I'm considering putting tubes in because i don't want to imagine what a blow out at high speed would be like.
Does anyone have experience running this combination of rims and tires successfully?

Kenneth

Thanks,
I've boxed the Schawalbe to return. Putting back on the All Condition Aramdillo that I've used for years.

LarryOz

Cruzeum Curator & Sigma Wrangler
I've boxed the Schawalbe to return. Putting back on the All Condition Aramdillo that I've used for years.
They are great tires - just get some tubeless rims, then you will be almost flat proof - they are worth it in my book!

Kelly Hill

I've been using tubeless since Feb 2017 without a flat or other issues. Think I would have watched CL for a set of tubeless rims. I certainly recommend them.

After some research on the internet about tubeless being really good for not getting flats i bought some tubeless tires ,Schwalbe Evolution and converted my rims.
Today i went to the LBS to use their compresser to set the tire, which worked fine. But the mechanic put the fear of God in me telling me that the tire was likely to blow of the rim because it wasn't a tubless rim.
I had understood that because of the bead on the tubless tire and the lower pressure it was fine to do.
Now I'm considering putting tubes in because i don't want to imagine what a blow out at high speed would be like.
Does anyone have experience running this combination of rims and tires successfully?