Bike rack trunk mount options?

kdc

I'm new to Cruzbike and just purchased a used Quest 559. Looking forward to learning how to ride it, as the first 45 minutes trying it was pretty challenging! Regardless, I need to transport this on the back of my 2010 Prius w/out a hitch. Luggage and family go in the car, so I need something on the outside. Any suggestions? Would a Saris bones rack work somehow?

Thanks in advance for any help and ideas!

Kevin

kdc

Thanks, yes I've looked at SeaSucker but just online. Can't seem to find anyone with first hand experience with it. But for a Cruzbike, I guess you'd just pop off the REAR wheel and mount that to the fork mount, right? But then I think I'd be concerned about the front end and how to secure it. Seems not so great for a Cruzbike. Other thoughts? I've also been looking at the Thule Raceway Platform system. Anyone have any experience with that?

kdc

That's a good idea too. I'll look into it. Still curious about how people secure the front wheel then. Sorry to be such a newb...

castlerobber

Zen MBB Master

kdc

Thanks castlerobber - great info from those pics! I've also thought about just trying to put it into a suitcase just to get it home, but does anyone have a link to some information on that? I can't seem to find anything online here.:confused:

1happyreader

zen/child method
Thanks castlerobber - great info from those pics! I've also thought about just trying to put it into a suitcase just to get it home, but does anyone have a link to some information on that? I can't seem to find anything online here.:confused:
your wheels wont fit,, bot for what its worth.