Bought -- 100 mm Silvio chain stay extension

super slim

Zen MBB Master
Has anyone got a 100 mm chain stay extension for a suspended front suspension Silvio, that is lying around collecting dust?
If so, please dust it off and sell to me!

hurri47

My Silvio 1.0 came to me with a 100 mm extension (see avatar photo), but as I am only five feet nine inches tall I eventually took it off and am much happier now. It was nice having the handlebars lowered, but the high bottom bracket closed my hip angle more than I prefer. So yeah I have one available, if I can find it underneath all the dust.

I don't need to get rich from this thing I have not used since removing it last July. If you tell me what you'd like to pay including shipping from Arizona, I'll look up actual shipping costs and probably accept it.

-Dan

super slim

Zen MBB Master
Dan, mine cost me $100 for the Silvio V1.0, so would you accept $50?

Could you please wrap it (after cleaning it, as Arizona dust might set off Aussie Customs detectors!) in cardboard, weigh and measure it, so I can chase up postage rates to Australia, as UPS and US Postal in the past have been VERY expensive!

hurri47

Mine cost $100 me also (Hal offered me the bike at $100 off if he kept the extension), but I would take $50 USD plus postage for a friend. It's not even all that dusty, although there are a couple paint scrapes. I could send photos if you care. I can do the weighing and measuring, but how would that even work, sending by Australian postage from the US? (Unless I misunderstood or you were kidding, in which case haha.)

-Dan

super slim

Zen MBB Master
Dan, Australia Post has set up Shop Mate, with a warehouse in Portland Oregon, AND individual US addresses at the warehouse, so I can now order from Amazon, or USA bicycle suppliers (tried it last night for the first time!, and no emails yet, bouncing me from an order!)

If the wrapped extension is 5"*3"*1" and 1.2 lbs it will cost me $25 au for shipping from USA to Australia + cost shipping from Arizona to Oregon, compared to $46 au ($35 us) by US Postal in a Small Flat rate box! The US Postal small flat rate box is $7.15 for within USA. I don't know if a smaller self packaged item is cheaper?

Could I send $60 US to cover the extension + the postage? Have you got a PayPal account, as that is how I paid Ratz for his old Designshine light, in US dollars.

FedEx was $118 US, $157 AU, to ship to Australia.

Paint scratches don't worry me! And its all metal, so the Australian Customs can not destroy it, not like rubber products (Silvio V1.0 front suspension rubber boot, + the soles of my bike shoes) by spraying VERY aggressive chemicals to kill ANY bugs, if you tell them you have ridden in Canada OR New Zealand, Christchurch after the 2011 earthquakes, USA was OK in 2011)

Does the extension have 4 bolts and long nuts with it?

I will PM my Shop Mate USA address!

hurri47

Dan, Australia Post has set up Shop Mate, with a warehouse in Portland Oregon, AND individual US addresses at the warehouse, so I can now order from Amazon, or USA bicycle suppliers (tried it last night for the first time!, and no emails yet, bouncing me from an order!)

If the wrapped extension is 5"*3"*1" and 1.2 lbs it will cost me $25 au for shipping from USA to Australia + cost shipping from Arizona to Oregon, compared to $46 au ($35 us) by US Postal in a Small Flat rate box! The US Postal small flat rate box is $7.15 for within USA. I don't know if a smaller self packaged item is cheaper?

Could I send $60 US to cover the extension + the postage? Have you got a PayPal account, as that is how I paid Ratz for his old Designshine light, in US dollars.

FedEx was $118 US, $157 AU, to ship to Australia.

Paint scratches don't worry me! And its all metal, so the Australian Customs can not destroy it, not like rubber products (Silvio V1.0 front suspension rubber boot, + the soles of my bike shoes) by spraying VERY aggressive chemicals to kill ANY bugs, if you tell them you have ridden in Canada OR New Zealand, Christchurch after the 2011 earthquakes, USA was OK in 2011)

Does the extension have 4 bolts and long nuts with it?

I will PM my Shop Mate USA address!

This is the first I've heard of Shop Mate. Very cool.

The two bolts/two nuts/four washers needed to attach the extension to the chainstay are included. You should already have the hardware to attach to the bottom bracket. I'll go to the Post Office when it opens on Monday (tomorrow), and I'll PM you the Paypal info then too.

-Dan