Carrying your Cruzbike on a motorcycle

Mark B

Zen MBB Master
Has anybody attempted this? I have a Goldwing and it's pretty much my primary form of transportation. I have a trailer and could rig something up with that, but for other reasons, I want to leave the trailer out of the equation. I have some ideas with my trailer hitch and rear crashbar, hopefully keeping the bike tucked in close to... the bike. I did a search and turned up nothing, but it's worth asking, anybody already done this?

Thanks,

Mark

Mark B

Zen MBB Master

RojoRacing

Donut Powered Wise-guy
I haven't worked on any ideas for the Vendetta nor do I have any and to at this time. It is possible to do, it's just a matter how you want it done and where you want your compromises to come from. Don't forget space to store all you wearable gear like helmet and shoes but then I guess your saddle bags are more than enough for that.

Start by looking up 2x2cycles and getting some ideas from their product. It could even be a good idea to get then to sell you a goldwing mounting plate and then continue from there on your own.

Mark B

Zen MBB Master
I haven't worked on any ideas for the Vendetta nor do I have any and to at this time. It is possible to do, it's just a matter how you want it done and where you want your compromises to come from. Don't forget space to store all you wearable gear like helmet and shoes but then I guess your saddle bags are more than enough for that.

Start by looking up 2x2cycles and getting some ideas from their product. It could even be a good idea to get then to sell you a goldwing mounting plate and then continue from there on your own.

Thanks for the reply. I checked out 2x2 and they don't show any Goldwing specific racks or plates. I found this pic:
wingbikerack.jpg

While that's not quite what I had in mind... It's closer. I want to keep as narrow profile as possible for lane splitting, which completely rules out a trailer solution.

Mark

RojoRacing

Donut Powered Wise-guy
2x2 will ask you what kind of bike you have and included to proper subframe plate that mounts to your bike or at least how I think they work. It would be something you would have to contact them about and ask for their help in designing your own recumbent rack. They seemed cool enough last time I talked to them and I doubt they'll have any issues helping you out since it's not worth their trouble to design a system for recumbents.

Mark B

Zen MBB Master
2x2 will ask you what kind of bike you have and included to proper subframe plate that mounts to your bike or at least how I think they work. It would be something you would have to contact them about and ask for their help in designing your own recumbent rack. They seemed cool enough last time I talked to them and I doubt they'll have any issues helping you out since it's not worth their trouble to design a system for recumbents.
It can't hurt to try, I guess. I'll check in with them. Thanks!

Mark

RojoRacing

Donut Powered Wise-guy
I used the image of their general design to create my system. I've had dozens of people tell me to patent my design and maybe a dozen more ask if I'd make them one. I send enough people to 2x2 I should be asking for some kind of sponsorship kick backs or something :lol

Every time some tells me to start selling them I ask them how many other bike on bikes have they seen on the road? They always tell me I'm the first and then I tell them the product has been on the market for years so that's a hit to how much actual market is out there.

Mark B

Zen MBB Master
I used the image of their general design to create my system. I've had dozens of people tell me to patent my design and maybe a dozen more ask if I'd make them one. I send enough people to 2x2 I should be asking for some kind of sponsorship kick backs or something :lol

Every time some tells me to start selling them I ask them how many other bike on bikes have they seen on the road? They always tell me I'm the first and then I tell them the product has been on the market for years so that's a hit to how much actual market is out there.

Very true. I can only think of one time that I've seen a bicycle on the back of a motorcycle, but I know it's been done. A friend of mine was trying to source out a motorcycle bike rack several years ago, but ended up selling the motorcycle. If I can come up with a design that makes sense, I have access to fabricators that can probably build it for me. Still, it can't hurt to contact 2x2. I'll tell them you sent me!

Mark