Conversion kit

John Tolhurst

Zen MBB Master
Hi I recently came across cruzbikes and I am keen to follow up. I recently completed a 2300 kh bike ride from Melbourne to Ayres Rock on conventional aluminium road bike. Next year I hope to ride a bigger distance and a Cruzer seems a good option t o explore. dPeople seem to use duel suspension MTB style bikes with the front forks "reversed". Looking for the reasons for the reversal and also people who have converted hard tail ad non suspension front forks. Are duel suspension bikes more suitable to convert?

Mark B

Zen MBB Master
Hi Jeff,

There have been some very succesful hardtail conversions, but the suspension bikes are plusher to ride and make it easier to maintain traction over less than ideal pavement.

The front fork is reversed so that the steering geometry is not affected by the addition of the conversion plates.

Welcome to the forum!

Mark

Jeffh

Thanks Mark
I guess it just seems like your losing all that pedalling efficiency after a life time of riding hard tail conventional bikes
Are hard tail cruzbikes infact hard on your backside on less than smooth roads due to the constant sitting position?
Even the Silvio has rear suspension.

John Tolhurst

Zen MBB Master
Your legs are pushing at right angles to the suspension, so you do not generate power sapping pogo. Suspension on the front aids traction and suspension in general if it is low stiction like Silvio's can decrease rolling resistance.

Jeffh

Thanks John
All makes good sense when you think it through.
Looking for a conversion bike and kit in Melbourne
I guess like anything a good bike means good suspension components so it is worth finding
a good quality low ks duel suspension alloy MTB
What an exciting new world
I

Mark B

Zen MBB Master
Jeffh wrote: Thanks John
All makes good sense when you think it through.
Looking for a conversion bike and kit in Melbourne
I guess like anything a good bike means good suspension components so it is worth finding
a good quality low ks duel suspension alloy MTB
What an exciting new world
I

And there lies the real challenge, at least here in the States. Good luck and have fun! Keep us up to speed on your progress!

Mark