CruzBike Exposure at Bike Expos

RojoRacing

Donut Powered Wise-guy
I can understand the apeal for CruzBike to show up and display their stuff at an recumbent expo because everyone there is already insterested in bents in one way or another. So why not larger more mainstream expos like interbike, outerbike or even the uber popular Sea Otter this weekend in California? Seems like exposing people who have never thought to ride a recumbent would be a smart option. I'm sure because it's not a recumbent specific expo most people won't look twice at a recumbent booth but when the crowd to 10 times larger you only need 10% of the normal participation from among the crowd.

I'm sure a sea otter booth spot is crazy expensive to purchase as well as it being on the west coast it would cost a bit to ship or drive all the needed supplies across the country.

Does the East coast have any non recumbent specific expos on par with the three I mentioned or Eurobike for example?

Does CruzBike or any of the other brand names in bents ever show up to them? I'd imagine there has to be a trike dealer or two because they are so easy to hop on and ride but two wheel bents are a different story.

BJ686

Interbike is hosting a fairly new east coast event in Charlotte NC at the end of October. Although it seems to be advertised as relating to all types of cycling, I've wondered if it is geared more to MTB/cross given the time and location at the U.S. Whitewater center (where there are a lot of MTB trails).

http://www.cyclofest.com/

RojoRacing

Donut Powered Wise-guy
Sea otter has always seemed like a Mtb event to me(I've never been there) because most people I know who go race or ride mtbs. I'll be going this week for the first time and looking to test a few endurance focused road bikes. I may sneak onto a Mtb but I find the local Mtb trails boring and I'm not confident in my wrists strength on a Mtb.

I'll let you know how much roadie presence is there as well as if I see any recumbents.

ratz

Wielder of the Rubber Mallet
The bell ringers would be Sea Otter and Bike PressCamp. That gets you the open minded at the first; and the dedicated attention of the Press at the other.

RojoRacing

Donut Powered Wise-guy
The bell ringers would be Sea Otter and Bike PressCamp. That gets you the open minded at the first; and the dedicated attention of the Press at the other.

Should I take the V abd try to crash one of the road crits? Should be easy enough to sneak onto the course :lol