CruzBike Recumbent Jersey Ideas

RojoRacing

Donut Powered Wise-guy
A subtle Vite jersey extra is they include a banned by UCI label inside the collar like the one below: Cruzbike should consider doing the same.

disapproved1.jpg

Inside? That should be right on the left sleeve

ratz

Wielder of the Rubber Mallet
Oh my! I said I was going to let that dog die but that has the Moose Works scheming:rolleyes:
Don't get me wrong; I like them fine enough as riders; I just never got the I have no evidence but I'm sure you wrong stance a lot of people take. I'll continue conduct my engineering via wallet and trial and error.

RojoRacing

Donut Powered Wise-guy
Don't get me wrong; I like them fine enough as riders; I just never got the I have no evidence but I'm sure you wrong stance a lot of people take. I'll continue conduct my engineering via wallet and trial and error.

But our way is the expensive way :(

LMT

Vite bike jerseys are a nice fit and the zipped front pockets means you can store a lot of kit without it falling out. IIRC on PBP, I had my phone, some shot blocks, cleat covers, Ibuprofen and my set of keys in the pockets. The old style Cruzbike jerseys are nice but I find the cut a bit loose.

DavidCH

In thought; expanding the paradigm of traversity
I seem to have a different jersey to the one ordered. I am a little surprised how skinny I am. Never in a million years would I think that S would fit. Apparently it's a 3rd generation. It's a brilliant fit and the jersey is made with cooPass technology with side pockets. I did want the "Designed for Joy" 2nd generation but as it fits me so well I'll keep it.:D
image.jpeg

Last edited:

Always-Learnin

Vendetta Love
"...order a size smaller than you would normally or have the past. Men's medium t-shirt wearer would be ordering a small instead."

Well, sadly this didn't work out for me. I normally wear a 2X in Club fit so I ordered a large but it came out way too small for me. Bummer.

DavidCH

In thought; expanding the paradigm of traversity
Well, sadly this didn't work out for me. I normally wear a 2X in Club fit so I ordered a large but it came out way too small for me. Bummer.
Well don't throw it away just yet. I quite often buy things that I can't quite get into and then 6 months later it's perfect. If you get so much enjoyment out of your Cruzbike I am sure it will fit you one day. If the length is too short then I am sure someone on the forum might help out.

Reactions: joy

Don1

Guru
Hey... Is there any measurement details re: jersey size... Merrikan T shirt sizes etc mean nothing out here in colonial Australia.... I normally fit castelli XL perfectly. what would I order?

NeaL

Guru
For recumbent riders, how about a jersey with pockets something akin to the kind on hoodies, but instead of the openings on the left & right, have an opening in the middle, with a little inner depth towards the waist? That way when laying back, items in the pockets roll outwards to the sides and when upright, gravity pulls them down so they don't fall out.
The wearer would use their left hand to reach for things on the right side and their right hand to reach for things on the left.

Does anyone make them like that?

Understandably, I don't think any company wants their name & logo worn by a fat, obese cyclist. So what if jerseys were made in 3XL sizes or larger but printed with messages about things which are unliked? For example, "Bikism is unhealthy," or "Lazy like the UCI" or something?

Then maybe when they've lost enough weight, reward them with a discount on a "Cruzbike" jersey.

Last edited:

NeaL

Guru
Stop bashing yourself already. You're out there getting it done. Good for you! Like jersey idea.
Was that directed at me?

That's not bashing. I'm having fun at my own expense.

Economic forces of supply & demand: Fat people are often too ashamed to be demanding, so their silence often results in no supply. I want to see Cruzbike jerseys up on the podiums, too. But you're not going to find fat people up on any podiums. They'd collapse.

I'm just trying to think of fun, amusing jersey ideas for people who are out there getting it done, even if they're not "there" yet.

Gary123

Zen MBB Master
U sound like a great guy. Meant no harm. Most of us never have and never will podium. There are much more important things. Good luck.