CruzBikers on Zwift

Discussion in 'Cruzbike Class (Riding & Refining your Technique)' started by RojoRacing, Dec 18, 2016.

1. RojoRacing

RojoRacing Donut Powered Wise-guy

https://mixer.com/CS_TriX

Yesterday's race is in his VOD not sure how to link directly to the exact video. Something I noticed watch these past two races through other riders streams. It seems like I'm the only one not hitting the inhaler before or after my races. My dad has one he uses before riding because he has legit sport induced asthma and says it helps him a ton. He's let some of my health fast friends try it for 5k 10k running races and they said it felt like they were cheating they could breath so well. I've never tried it because I'm the kind of person who will avoid pills and drugs at all cost unless I'm being kept up at night from pain. Tempted to try it out, you know the the sake of science ;)

2. trplay

trplay Zen MBB Master

Naw, I think you should go back to the morphine. Personally, I'm more of a testosterone guy with my age. Why? Because it helps me in other areas as well. I wouldn't worry too much about your transition. Casey is a big hitter. Pretty sure he was one of the early CVR participants. The fact you have him sucking in the inhaler on line is good enough entertainment for me. Be damned your finishing position. Good race Jason!

Last edited: Aug 22, 2017
    super slim likes this.
  3. RojoRacing

Did you notice Casey's smirk in the starting pen when I noticed my new name. It's for those little moments that I use these funny names.

4. Jayrob

Jayrob Member

I have asthma, COPD, and Bronchiectasis. I have to use a nebulizer and sometimes my rescue inhaler. The rescue inhaler relives muscle spasms in and around your respiratory system. Using rescue inhalers without having asthma doesn't do a thing for you except give you a racing heart and the shakes. A person I knew a few years back died from using his rescue inhaler along with a super model. It was the old fashion inhaler, and they both got more than one dose at a time. Albuterol and the other medicine in rescue inhalers are not without very dangerous side effects. If I could live without them, I most definitely would. Use them for fun, no way!

5. trplay

trplay Zen MBB Master

Click, click”, the familiar sound of cycling shoes clipping into the trainer. The three minute ritual of turning on the fans, firing up the computer, and placing the water bottles is done. Now it’s time to race in Zwifts Up and Down race. I check the list of entries hoping to find potential allies on it that might help me up to the tower and back. I’ll need it as this is a climbing course. Not much luck but that Golding feller is a possibility. I’ll have to keep my eyes on him. Dang I forgot to get my power up! I have four minutes before the start. That’s enough time to log out, log in, run under the start banner and maybe get lucky with a PU. It works I cross under the banner and pick up the truck. That’ll do but I really wanted the aero jet or feather. Back in the pen with just over a minute to start and I’m ready. Whoops, I almost forgot to turn on Discord to the Cruzbike channel, who knows who might pipe in? Twenty riders roll out. Seven will quit while thirteen complete the race. A little over an hour and once again I finish dead last, number 13, no chance at glory today. It’s a lonely job being the slowest rider on Zwift; but hey somebody has to do it. As I shut down the system and turn off the fans I think out loud, “can’t wait till tomorrow”.

[​IMG]

super slim and ChaleJake like this.
  6. trplay

trplay Zen MBB Master

Team Moose HQ is getting some upgrades. I was quite proud of the new fencing in London used to separate us from the racers. Daisy says it looks cheezy. What do you think?

[​IMG]

CruzLike and Tigerpaw like this.
  7. Tigerpaw

Tigerpaw Well-Known Member

I wouldn't say cheesy. Maybe, it takes away from the video viewing.

8. RojoRacing

Not sure what we're looking at?

9. trplay

trplay Zen MBB Master

Whoops , forgive me. I forget you guys haven't embraced the Zwift community like I have. I'm trying to emulate the Zwift Community Live look with one of my own. This is Nathan Guerra, who is arguably the best announcer for Zwift. Notice his fence backdrop. I should have the three tier box look up soon so that Co-hosts such as Cruzbike or one of you guys can jump right in. The fence scene is only for the pre and post ride garbage. During the actual race it will be wide open, full screen racers. Unfortunately, since Rojo is now riding a pumpkin there won't be any sprint to the finish recumbent win scenes but maybe I can get in some of my sprints trying and failing not to be last.

[​IMG]

10. RojoRacing

I think the angle on your fence looks a bit odd, maybe try a more horizontal setup. By the way now that I'm back outside you'll be lucky to even catch a pumpkin sprint these days :lol

11. trplay

trplay Zen MBB Master

Speaking of which, you never gave us that update on the 200 or did I miss it?

12. RojoRacing

Short version was it was crazy hot then my buddy who I was riding bonked at mile 100 so we waited at lunch awhile to get him ok again. I had to take an extra 5 mins at the following aid station because felt a bit sick after getting out of the chair. Then at mile 172 I doubled back to give Justin water I got from a homeowner only to find him just standing next to his bike staring across the river styx. Bummed junk from random cars passing by for about 30 mins until I got him back on the bike. Made it back after dark with only Justin's lights because I've never finish after dark and I didn't turn off my lights to save battery. I really took advantage of my aero bars and did a ton of pulling sometime for 10-20 miles in a single pull because everyone around me were dying in the heat. The bike was awesome but still 200 miles on a DF isn't easy and I suspect I need more then one DF ride of only 1 hour long before doing another 200 miler. You have to remember in the last 2 or so months I only rode the DF bike twice on zwift and once at lunch before just hammering out 200 mile day. I give more details in the other thread soon maybe.

super slim likes this.
  13. trplay

trplay Zen MBB Master

Been there done that on the sick thing. No fun. I even have sympathy for a Diamond framer in that kind of condition.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2017
  14. trplay

trplay Zen MBB Master

Ten start the always tough D cat KISS race on the brutal Richmond course. Once the smoke has cleared Team Moose racing on the recumbent platform has taken the top two spots using textbook team tactics. The first loop saw a tight group but the second time around the one-two moose punch on the hills were too much for the group as the Moose's sailed unchallenged to the finish line.

The new ceeding has relegated Team Moose down to the D cat but we don't like it and have no plans to be down here for long. Look for an upgrade within weeks. Meanwhile, all of those recumbent riders constantly opining for ending the ban on recumbent athletes need to look no further than Zwift. Your platform is welcome on Zwift right along side of every other platform. Bring what you got, get what you earn. Everyone's equal on Zwift! Come on in Baylor, wax that chain with your magic wax and bring that homemade MBB. Lets see what you got.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 30, 2017
    Tigerpaw likes this.
  15. trplay

trplay Zen MBB Master

16. trplay

trplay Zen MBB Master

Todays Zwift ladies race was quite right with 50 plus racers! Zwift Academy has started off with a great start. Hope we have several ladies who caught the train.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2017
  17. trplay

trplay Zen MBB Master

To give you guys an idea of the popularity of Zwift 5034 men signed up for the Zwift Academy. Not sure about the women but think its a couple thousand. To finish you must complete a certain number of workouts, group rides, and races. The work outs sorta stink as you are relegated to hitting certain number of watts on a bar chart but the groups rides and races are now jammed full of riders with a decent amount of chatter going on. Next week they also have the CVR coming up in Paris where Zwift teams will race at the national velodrome for prize money. Sounds kinda funny to have cyclists flying to Paris to race indoors on trainers but thats exactly whats going to happen. It would be neat if one of the contestants was on a recumbent. They are welcome and its a lot more exposure than a 12/24 hr race. We can watch it and interact with our racer live while on our couches. Times sure are a lot different now than they were 50 years ago? Move on, move forward.

super slim likes this.
  18. RojoRacing

5034? that's like the first week of the new year and gym memberships level of wow :eek:

19. trplay

trplay Zen MBB Master

LOL, well the numbers impressed me and someone does end up with a pro contract.

Next thing you know the CVR prize money will be being called chump change :( as I check to see if I logged onto the BROL board by mistake?

super slim likes this.
  20. trplay

trplay Zen MBB Master

Whoa! Zwift has absolutely exploded with updates, Zwift Academy, and CVR happening at the same time. Zwift Academy is beyond the half way point and ended up with over 12,000 entrants. This means the group rides and races are loaded with lots of people learning how operate inside the virtual community. Not sure how many recumbents got in but Connie and I are deep into the program both nearing the finishing point. This Saturdays Zwift Academy ladies race was perhaps Daisy’s most fun yet. Not only did it have a large field she had one of her better rides. We had to call the vet as her performance was sick! Can’t touch that gurl no more.

The Cycligent World Rankings world cup in Paris is history. The format for broadcasting was excellent and undoubtedly the future for broadcasting events like this. A recumbent entered in this event sure would have been sweet and gone a long, long , way promoting the platform. The Cruzbike faithful might take note. The sport of virtual cycling is booming and the door is wide open for recumbents. If you miss the bus, can't blame us.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2017 at 9:12 PM