Cut the tube or add spacers?

tigrpal

Hello. New to cruzbikes and I'm doing a conversion with a V2/K frame.

I bought a fork with a 250 mm steerer tube. It's too long so that the extended steerer rests 2 cm above the headset spacer and bearings so I can't set the bearings. Is it better to cut the fork's steerer tube or is it better to add spacers, or is it just my preference? I'd rather not cut it, if I don't have to.

BTW I really like the pearl while color of the frame. I bought a black fork which matches the black of the front triangle. I also have a black crankset. I think it'll look cool.

ratz

Wielder of the Rubber Mallet
Adding can be undone

If I was new to the platform I would add a spacer because you can always cut later; if you want a lower handlebar later you can cut the steem; the reverse is not true :). Since you are new to the platform that keeps your options open.

tigrpal

I'm done with the build. 

I'm done with the build. Took about 6 hours total with all the adjusting and fitting. Using 700c wheels, brakes, drive train from a 1999 Diamondback hybrid. Back brake yet to install waiting for adapters.

Now all I have to do is learn to ride it. Did figure 8's in the parking lot for about an hour today. Not quite ready for the street or trails.