Dont get a reply when I ask a technical support question

telephd

Guru
Dear Forum Admin,

Over the past couple of months, since purchasing my Silvio 1.0 at Thanksgiving, I have sent several technical support questions and called the 800 number for help. All of these contacts have gone un-responded to. I have a good imagination and can invision several reasons this may be occurring. I now own a S1.0, S30 and V20 and were it not for the members of the forum I would be totally in the dark.

Is this situation going to improve?

thanks,

Hal

BentAero

Hal, A frustrating experience

Hal, A frustrating experience indeed. Not sure if you're aware that the ownership of Cruzbike just made a transition. That might be part of the cause of the communication problem.
Until the Parker's turn things around, your best bet is to rely on the knowledge base of the faithful, and/or send a pm to Robert Holler.

Lief

Guru Schmuru
yeah! Frustrating

Also might be related to some of the issues popping up with the website/forum connections? - That is being overhauled as well.

Hal, what mechanism were you using to contact Technical Support?
A web link? page?
Email address?
other?

I know from experience that the Cruzbike team takes great pains to respond to and resolve issues as best they can; so I'm guessing that your querys might be falling into some crack somewhere?

telephd

Guru
BentAero, that is one of the

BentAero, that is one of the scenarios I had in mind. Ill remember the Robert option.

Leif, have used 2 different links from the site, direct email and the 800#. Get email confirmation that the question was sent...

ratz

Wielder of the Rubber Mallet
Timing matters too; they were

Timing matters too; they were racing prototypes in FL last weekend and Sebring this weekend, transporting booths and setup and tear down time can get crazy; and Robert's Facebook said he was flying back from out east that'll burn two days right there. Add all the other reasons mentioned so far and based on my personal support experiences you are probably in the bad timing camp. The rest of us will help as we can, especially if we know other stuff is going on.

Maria Parker

Administrator
Hi Hal,
Try emailing your

Hi Hal,
Try emailing your questions directly to support@cruzbike.com.
The mail forwarding from some pages of the website may not be working properly... and will be updated soon.

We usually reply to all email and phone inquiries within one business day. I'm sorry that has not been your experience.

Maria

Robert Holler

Administrator
Staff member
Hal,
Are you sending emails

Hal,

Are you sending emails to the support@cruzbike.com email?

Also the 1-800 phone should ring through to my personal cel phone, and I always return messages.

We were in Florida last weekend and Jim and I made note that we had not seen any support emails for a few days which is extremely rare.

Also you can try to email me at robert@cruzbike.com.

Robert

telephd

Guru
Thanks everyone for the

Thanks everyone for the replies but especially Maria and Robert. Back in November when I thinking about and negotiating the purchase of my S1.0 I emailed and called support to see if I could find out how old my bike is. As memory serves I used the tech support link and sent email directly with regard to that question and I called the 800# twice. As recently as 2/5 I sent a tech support request from the V20 page using the link found in the "ask a technical question" section.

That is water under the bridge. Robert I sent you a test email to the support@cruzbike.com email to see if it is operator error on my part as that has been known to happen.

Thanks again,

Hal

Robert Holler

Administrator
Staff member
Hal we will hook up via phone

Hal we will hook up via phone at some point. During the day it is a juggle - I am rarely just sitting with the phone at the ready and most often have hands covered in grease while doing a build or I am out test riding or experimenting with something. But I always will return a message. When I switched mobile carriers I did have some VM issues but those were fixed. I usually dedicate time to return messages every day and try to get to those on the east coast, etc before it is too late on their end.

Do realize that my phone catches every call from the entire USA and beyond - It is not uncommon for my phone to start ringing at 2-3 AM my time here in Portland. I usually have some messages to sort through there as well as service emails.

And also always feel free to get hold of me here via PM, etc.

:)

Robert

Wannabe

Hal

It has been my experience that an email to support@cruzbike.com has gotten me an answer with in 24 hours.
When I pose a question on this forum, I have usable info with in 24 hours.

FWIW....
Have you ever asked for help from other manufactures? I have, It took often weeks and or NEVER any help!
This forum and cruzbikes have been the best experience in realms of quick and usable help. Mr. Tolhurst responded to me, Maria responded. AS CB aficionados, we are truly blessed with great support and wonderful machines!

Cheers,
David