Electric Quest

Discussion in 'Quest Series (Q559, QX100, Q451)' started by AbramClark, Aug 11, 2015.

1. super slim

super slim Zen MBB Master

Radial spokes look great but do NOT transfer power from the hub well!

2. Frisard

Frisard Member

Been looking at the Nuvinci, like you I have an electric hub. Nuvinci's warranty is only good for 350w motors (mid-drives). How do you find the combination of Nuvinci and electric hub? Do you keep the elect throttle set low? Which Nuvinci CVT do you have?

3. TalleyHo

TalleyHo Member

I wasn't aware that Nuvinci had options. I have the 360 standard unit, as far as I know. As for power limitations with the cvt, I have a rear wheel hub motor, 2 wheel drive set up so motor power a non issue. I know Ratz has had cvt experience and I recall discussing the issue you raise a couple years ago when I was contemplating the use of a Schlumpf drive with the cvt. Good luck.

4. ratz

ratz Wielder of the Rubber Mallet

Oh lord yes; you can read all about that on BROL; I spent 2.5 years riding a race trike on the 360 with good results; and test the schlumpf with them. in the end the mountain drive and speed drive worked the best with the n360; the schlump HSD was a bad match. Now there are several new models of N3xx. I wouldn't pair that with a motor; I do the split motor rear wheel; and pedal wheel front wheel like many other have done.

5. Electric: did you know about this - also Kickstarter?
    go-e.bike
    Had to wait almost 1 year as I was one of the first, got it last Fall, but now they're rolling.
    Mine works fine on a 20year old unused bike which my partner uses for commuting now as the weather improves.
    Could be easily added to a Sofrider or Quest, mounted instead of the kickstand.