Facebook local haters

jond

Zen MBB Master
recently made aware of twenty or so comments discussing my cycling on the local roads.

I ride a local residential loop as my main road to from is not suitable and too risky.

The comments range from nasty to suggestions of my imminent death to get a flag. Bit disappointing as most people are positive.

I ride with be seen lights. Lezyne. I use glass mirrors and a bike radar.

I am fighting back with friendship and a wave and a smile one face at a time.

I have and will start to use a placating flag. Though it makes very little difference.

What might be the tribes suggestions regarding a more powerful small be seen lights than the lezyne zecto 2w? Ideally same proportions.

Don1

Guru
just got some 500w flasherz from banggood.com china... has white n red ledz and lasts 3hrs... cost me bout $6.. delivered.... i will be getting a few more to run as front flashes..... and they run while charging....

super slim

Zen MBB Master
Rear 0 degrees TOP 2015 Designshine MIDDLE  2013 Dinotte Daylight  BOTTOM 2011 Daylight.jpg Rear 15 degrees.jpg
recently made aware of twenty or so comments discussing my cycling on the local roads.

I ride a local residential loop as my main road to from is not suitable and too risky.

The comments range from nasty to suggestions of my imminent death to get a flag. Bit disappointing as most people are positive.

I ride with be seen lights. Lezyne. I use glass mirrors and a bike radar.

I am fighting back with friendship and a wave and a smile one face at a time.

I have and will start to use a placating flag. Though it makes very little difference.Rear 15 degrees.jpg Rear 15 degrees.jpg

What might be the tribes suggestions regarding a more powerful small be seen lights than the lezyne zecto 2w? Ideally same proportions.
Dear TEMPORARY Jond,
you NEED a 6W 400 Lumens 10 + 45 degree spread Dinotte DAYTIME ONLY Taillight $323US + shipping
http://store.dinottelighting.com/da...-seat-stay-chain-stay-or-rack-mount-p188.aspx
The Dinnotte Daylight is GREAT for day time riding, but the brightness of the flashing light can NOT be decreased at night, like the Designshine, so if riding at night aim the rear light towards the ground!

The Best is the 8W 800 Lumens Deshineshine tail light(Top one) which is not produced any more, then the 2013+ daylight Dinotte, then the 2011 daylight Dinotte (Bottom)

Rear 0 degrees TOP 2015 Designshine MIDDLE  2013 Dinotte Daylight  BOTTOM 2011 Daylight.jpg

MrSteve

Zen MBB Master
Perhaps you could consider politely waiting for the Facebook Local Haters to pass away.
A wave and a smile is always a good thing.

NeaL

Guru
I really like the Cygolite Hotshot, found on the Accessory page of the Cruzbike website. It has one setting of being on steady, flashing intermittently, then steady again. I think it catches the attention without being as much of an eyesore as other strobe/pulse settings.
In fact, I set all of my lights to lower brightness settings as a courtesy to others and to prolong the charge. I have at least one facing forward with a soft strobe but a 2nd one on steady to light my way and also overwhelm the front strobe's effect on my own vision. It can get disorienting.

From the T-Cycle website, I really like their Purple Sky flags with reflective print and reflective streamers. I got two of their flags for my trike and also ordered two streamers, not knowing that each flag already came with one streamer and a grommet at the top and another at the bottom for attaching them, so that worked out well by pure dumb luck, ending up with four streamers, one for each available location on the flags.
They also offer 2 Catseye lights, in clear or red, USB-rechargeable, which attach perfectly to the poles. These flags, poles, and lights all seem to be of good quality.

My son took the trike out to the mailbox one evening, about half a mile away and back, with all of the lights & flags on and mounted. As he pulled back into our driveway, one of his sisters saw him coming in and thought it was a weird-looking truck approaching the house.

I'm planning on somehow mounting a length of pipe, horizontally, on my bike when I start commuting with it, to create the illusion of being something wider than a bicycle with lights out there to the sides.

As for the mean comments, people are a lot more brave, bold, and callous while sitting behind a screen.
Like I tell a couple friends who are serving in public office, if people aren't saying mean things about you then you aren't doing anything that matters.
Anyone saying something to you while you're out on the road, consider it a badge of honor. Smile & wave, never let them know that they angered you. Don't feed their road rage.

jond

Zen MBB Master
Follow up. I’m pleased to say chalk one up for humanity.

And a cruzbike nice very nice vendetta against stupidity.

All is well in lemon tree passage. And I loved the good sense in theory of big.

Heck it’s really helped me at the urinal too.

Thanks for all the lighting suggestions I now have three white lights and four red. It’s Christmas and I take Santa’s lane straight down the middle mate .

Last edited:

KneeDrachen

I've found people are more prone to bravado as "keyboard commandos" compared to the "real" world. I think you've taken the high road by maintaining a quiet presence. Let them hate, social media is a waste of my time which is why I no longer have any accounts.

paco1961

Zen MBB Master
I love the square Knog Blinder 4 Eyes. Small, bright, multi modes, rechargeable, long charge life, easy to mount/move and waterproof. I have several. Never lets me down. Sorry, no suggestion for the bone heads other than courteous riding and continuing the smile & wave.