Farther, Faster, Fitter, Fun - (4F - The unofficial Cruzbike training team and support group)

AlexisBV

Regarding trainers, I've got nothing but good stuff to say about the Neo with the S30. Well, it was expensive, but with my late night training the quietness of it is a plus. Also, no worrying about calibration.

The "road feel" on zwift is cool but mostly just a gimmick in my opinion. Not something I would explicitly pay extra for. Especially since I'm training with the TrainerRoad app on my phone controlling the trainer, and have Zwift running on the PC only "listening in", so no road feel then (which I think would only distract from the workout anyway).

Also, a friend of mine got himself an Elite Direto for his DF - works very well with TrainerRoad at a lower cost than the Neo. He's happy with it.

1happyreader

zen/child method
Sure, I'll ask him. What kind of interference do you think makes it a no go?
This is the side you would face to have your rear wheel spin in the same direction as a DF.
IF , your chainstays clear the drum like assembly, then hopefully the piece on the left will not interfere with the chainstay.
If trainer can perform spinning in the opposite direction then , will the piece on the left still be a problem ??. "
Almost have to try before you buy .
direto_5.jpg

ratz

Wielder of the Rubber Mallet
Not wanting to increase my risk of a front-wheel blowout on the Vendetta, I decided not to use my road wheel/tire on the trainer anymore, but to buy a dedicated wheel/tire for future trainer sessions.
Yeah using a made for a trainer tire is a must if you do anything serious that probably doesn't get mentioned enough.
Get the tires specifically made for that they last 2-3 years.

AlexisBV

It might be a while till I get to try my S30 on the Direto - in the meantime, I took a couple pics of how the Silvio connects to the Neo. It comes at it almost directly from above, so I don't think in the case of the Direto, that bulge off the sides would really interfere. But as you said, maybe try before you buy. Results may vary with other bikes.

20180114_162953.jpg 20180114_164003.jpg
direto_3.jpg

PS: If you wax your chain, make sure you clean your trainer and bike once in a while ;)