FD adjustment after changing boom length and angle

I am considering changing my 15cm extension for 10cm, which will bring the bb down. Will I need to re-adjust the front deraileur after doing this?

LarryOz

Cruzeum Curator & Sigma Wrangler
I am considering changing my 15cm extension for 10cm, which will bring the bb down. Will I need to re-adjust the front deraileur after doing this?
Yup, if the boom length changes at all, you have to loosen the cable and re-adjust. That is why I love the Di2 or SRAM electronic shifting.

hurri47

I agree with Larry for your vintage Silvio. The S30 was fixed and didn't need fiddling.

Wait, how vintage? Silvio v1.0 had four derailleur mounting positions. Mine mounted in the second holes from the top when I had the 15cm extension. Removing the extension forced me to drop down to the third holes. I'm kind of average size, so I'm guessing the first and fourth pairs of holes must be for really short or tall people. Moving it is a really fiddly operation.

-Dan

telephd

Guru
[Wait, how vintage? Silvio v1.0 had four derailleur mounting positions. Mine mounted in the second holes from the top when I had the 15cm extension. Removing the extension forced me to drop down to the third holes. I'm kind of average size, so I'm guessing the first and fourth pairs of holes must be for really short or tall people. Moving it is a really fiddly operation.

-Dan[/QUOTE]

Dan, his avatar shows a S2.1.......that vintage. Not an antique vintage :rolleyes: