First ride of my new Vendetta

Nigel399

Just done a quick 10 minute test ride on my newly built Vendetta. I didn't have enough time to ride it far but I was surprised how easy it was to ride having only ridden my Freerider. Hope to get some more miles in tomorrow.
I need to do the following jobs though:-
1. Fit rear brake lever and cables
2. Order an extra chain (as a single chain is not long enough to be able to use the large chain ring or the 32 tooth gear on the cassette).
3. Add a washer to allow some clearance for the chain when in the small gear on the cassette as it fouls on the fork-

Has anyone else had this problem when fitting an 11speed?

4. Fit the front derailleur cable ( this can wait until I get the extra chain)
5. Adjust the boom length slightly
6. Check all fixings are tight (as I could not wait to try it out)

Nigel

Jeremy S

Dude
3. Add a washer to allow

3. Add a washer to allow some clearance for the chain when in the small gear on the cassette as it fouls on the fork-

I actually had this problem with a 10-speed cassette on my Silvio (should have worked no problem). A 1mm axle spacer fixed it.

Rick Youngblood

CarbonCraft Master
3. Add a washer to allow

I actually had this problem with a 10-speed cassette on my Silvio (should have worked no problem). A 1mm axle spacer fixed it.

I had to use axle spacers too.

Nigel399

I managed to get a 2 1/2 hour

I managed to get a 2 1/2 hour ride in on the Vendetta yesterday. Wow what a machine! I am only running on the 39 tooth chainset at the moment as I am waiting for my extra chain to arrive before I can shift on to the 53t. I soon ran out of gears on the flat or down hill.
The vendetta feels more stable than the Freerider at speed but I do have to sit up for tight low speed turns at the moment. It climbs very well with far less down changing required and is very fast on the flats and down hill.

I am finding the seat really comfy but I can't seem to get the head rest adjusted so that it is comfy. I find that either the upright section is touching between my shoulder blades or if moved further rearward, it is too far away from my neck. Has anyone else had this problem?
@ Rick, was this the reason you changed to a new seat?

Thanks,

Rick Youngblood

CarbonCraft Master
@ Rick, was this the reason

@ Rick, was this the reason you changed to a new seat?

Nigel, for some reason I could not get a comfortable shoulder to neck/head transition from the stock seat back to the stock neck/head rest. Because the Silvio and vendetta are exactly (or pretty the same) the same seat, I was familiar with what I needed to do to change out the seat.

trplay

Zen MBB Master
neck rest problems-I'll say

Yes I do. This is my latest fix. You can read more about it here .

frontnr.jpg