Front derailleur on V20

Black Hawk Down

Senior Rookie
Yes do; it's free. and worth using and helps on the V20 you can get a some adjustmets a lot easier.
Ok. Thanks.
These BB's would solve your size problem. Will work with your cranks; and clamp correctly.
Did you forget to post the link? Not sure what BB's you are referring to.
Otherwise check with robert@cruzbike.com for the status of the new chainstays that clamp inside the cups instead of on them.
I had no idea that there were alternative chainstays. Only options for the V20 that I know about is what's posted on their website. So how will the new chainstays help my situation?

After I purchased the Ultegra Di2 group, I asked Robert if it is compatible with the V20. I know, shoulda asked first... He warned me about the BB diameter being too small. When I asked if he had a way to make the smaller one work, he recommended another BB that is better than the Shimano. I shimmed it. Probably should have listened to Robert. I guess I will go ahead and order a new BB. I have seen lots of posts on BB recommendations. I'm not interested in $300 ceramic bearings. Something more modest that is a lot of bang for the buck, and will fit properly.

Black Hawk Down

Senior Rookie
Yes do; it's free. and worth using and helps on the V20 you can get a some adjustmets a lot easier.
Oh.. crap. I have a chromebook. The free software is for windows. If I download the android version, I'll need a Shimano Di2 Bluetooth Adapter to use it. Guess that's my next purchase.

ratz

Wielder of the Rubber Mallet

Black Hawk Down

Senior Rookie
Indeed....
Thanks! I knew I saw these posted elsewhere on the forum. Now on order.
They were beta tested with RAAM, you'll likely see the official release with the new v20, but that's just a guess. The major change is they don't clamp on the cup.
Do you know if the chainstays will come in different lengths? Since my legs are short, I had to trim the boom pulling the BB high. I'm thinking a shorter chainstay will bring the legs down some and make it more comfortable and possibly more stable.

ratz

Thanks! I knew I saw these posted elsewhere on the forum. Now on order.

Do you know if the chainstays will come in different lengths? Since my legs are short, I had to trim the boom pulling the BB high. I'm thinking a shorter chainstay will bring the legs down some and make it more comfortable and possibly more stable.

The new Medium is a tad shorter than the legacy medium.... what options beyond that we all find out when the v20 update details are released.

ratz

Hmm interesting I could possible afford this one day. Why with the new chain stay? will this fit an old yella?
New stay doesn't clamp to the cup; thus don't need the super rigid XD-15. Also the XD-15 has had a lot of quality control issues; been hard to get a descent one during the last year.

dtseng

After reading these threads and elsewhere, I conclude that the front derailleur hanger on the stalk is not friendly to 50/34 chain rings. Besides, for my 39" xsim, I need a shorter chain stay. From my experience in road bikes, 53/39 chain rings are too hard for my knees and I never use 11-tooth sprocket.

Last edited: