Fun new accessories!

I just got my moose bag and it's the perfect size to fill the area under the seat.

I do see what you mean about the strap in back being too long.

I think an easy design improvement would be to move the soft piece of Velcro that's on the back of the back of the bag, to the bottom of the bag. Then you could bring the bag strap over and around the lower brake mount bar, then stick the strap to the bottom of the bag. That would keep the strap away from the tire, giving a little more clearance there.

Just my 2 cents, incase anyone is interested.

Ooh! I found a good way route the strap without making any mods to anything!

Route the strap OVER the brake mount bar, then around it twice and back up. It's just barely long enough for the Velcros to touch when you do it that way. Seems nice and snug.

Update: 6 months later and the bag is still nice and snug.

Last edited:

Suz

I haven't heard comments about the Suspension Adjustable Headrest so I'll chime in. I LOVE IT. Thank you for your design work, this didn't seem like it would do much for me but it's wonderful. I don't have the jarring on bumps and don't notice the suspension because it's tight enough not to bounce but firm enough to give just the right amount of flex on bumps.
Thank you, thank you, thank you. It's a huge improvement over the current static design (S30).

Hi Lee,
It looks like you're in the London area, is that right? I'm about to purchase the S40 kit to build up here. I have once-only injection of funds for this project and am looking to set up the lowest maintenance unit possible ie, Rolhoff, belt drive, disc brakes etc. Cairo to Capetown trip is moving up the bucket list.
I've done a few big trips and I'm tired of oil and grease. long distance touring is grubby enough. Are you the man I should by a beer for? :)
Does the 55 indicate year birth? If so we're contemporaries(?). This is my first post.
There’s no adjustment for a belt which is essential for gates carbon. However, if you root around on their web site, schlumpf offer custom belts made to the size you need and appropriate rings etc. These particular gates belts do not need to be tensioned and in my opinion are the only possible belt solution. I’d love to know if you go down this route as I would love to do it myself. I’m just stuck in China so a little far away... ;)

Rod Butler

Very interesting about the custom belts, I'll check that out.
I originally purchased the frame where the advertised chain length was 476mm, which was incorrect. It has now been changed on the Cruz site to 483mm
(mine is actually closer to 486mm). Maria Parker tells me there are 5 chain stay lengths (mm);
410mm
445mm
(476mm would have been great for the 50x20 belt drive option)
483mm (this is the standard stock issue, which I have but it's not an accurate measurement)
533mm
584mm

I have used the Exzentriker eccentric bottom bracket by Trickstuff, the only one for a standard 68mm BSA BB which limits you to Shimano Hollowtech ii.
....don't mean to be picky about the chainstay length and with a chain/derailleur, who cares about a couple of mm.
However the Exzentriker only gives you 6mm (+/- 3mm) of movement, so you like to have complete trust in the advertised specs.
...it's OK ... I'm moving on...
Good news! The Shimano 'Zee' crank set with its 50.4mm chainline is a perfect match for the Rolhoff (with a chain) and with some adjustment will also suit a belt drive when I get to it (?), notwithstanding the chainstay length.
Research will tell you otherwise but I have it fitted and it lines up perfectly....go figure!
The Rolhoff comes with a 16 tooth cog and the Zee come with a 36 tooth chain ring both of which I will keep for the time being

I have only basic tools in my London digs and came home 12 stops on the underground yesterday with just the 'power-train' (just) fitted. Below.
Many confused looks on the Tube, lots of bike theft here and people must have thought ...'poor chap, he's had half his bike nic'd.'
The other, is a work in progress. I unfortunately, must also work so the ride is a week or so away at least.
cruz 1.jpg cruz 2.jpg