Greetings Cruzers

BentSk8r

Time to reveal myself...been lurking for some months absorbing immense amounts of information about bike mechanicals, learning and riding techniques, as well as training and nutrition. Kudos to all for such well considered, fact filled posts.

I’ve been ‘bent’ since 2007 on a Fujin SLII, and then a Metaphysic and have watched the evolution of Cruzbikes over the years. When Gary’s (BentAero) gorgeous copper V., built up better than if I had done it myself, came up for sale (sorry for your loss, Gary) I knew I couldn’t pass from this mortal coil without at least giving a V. a good try. It has fulfilled all my expectations and then some. She (Freya) demands my full attention as any high spirited creature would but rewards with amazing response to my meager efforts. I missed 2 ½ months of riding over the summer so haven’t been able to put in the cockpit time to fully master her, especially at low speeds.

Note to self; remember to drop shoulder and lean out to avoid the dreaded slow speed death spiral.

Looking forward to interacting more directly with Forum members.

DavidCH

In thought; expanding the paradigm of traversity
Eric, That is a gorgeous bike... well done and congratulations. When I saw it, I could not believe how immaculate it was... Your rides will really be quite a hoot!

bladderhead

Zen MBB Master
Greetings Cruzer!

You are going to like the bike. You are going to like the forum. My journey to Cruzbike involved a lot of miles on a RWD 'bent, and like you, I discovered that a Cruzbike does not lean very much. If you think, as you enter the turn, that you are doing it right, then you are about to fall inwards. If you think, as you enter the turn, that you are about to fall outwards, then you will complete the turn.

I have a Silvio, and it flies. They tell me that the Vendetta is even faster...

Enjoy!

Gary123

Zen MBB Master
That really is a beautiful bike. I have vendetta V2. (Yellow with di2) and would like to know if upgrade to v20 is worth it in speed and comfort or any other areas. Opinions welcome thanks.

DavidCH

Yes the V20 is a faster bike but I prefer the yellow colour as there a lot of crazy motorists where I live. I quite often see bunches of flowers by the road side.

I think from what people have said the V20 is 5 mph faster than the v2.

So the only way to compete with the v20 is to work on the engine.

I think both are classics. I had one of the last V2's that allowed me to use 11 speed. I don't think there is that much in it. There is a bit of weight. I think the v2 is a little more robust and I luv the chrome.

Depending how I do at Sebring. I might buy a v20 just for races.

Gary123

Zen MBB Master
Ate u kidding? 5 mph? No wonder disc brakes are so popular. How about drag chutes? Guess I'm in the market for v20.

DavidCH

I forgot to mention, the V20 is 5 MPH after the distance of a 1000 miles.

(That should increase my performance in February)

LarryOz

Cruzeum Curator & Sigma Wrangler
Eric - That Bronze V2 IS beautiful. Congrats on the purchase.
It was built by my good friend "bentaero" (lives close to me) - who for very unfortunate reasons can not ride any kind of bike any more. I was there when it was just the frame and watched him build it up. He was the reason I got my first Silvio and then my first V2 (RoadRunner #1), and then my red V20 (RoadRunner #2). I still miss my Yellow V2 - what a classic beauty!
As to all this talk about a V20 being 5mph faster than a V2.
Yes, it is true the V20 can and does go 5 mph faster then the V2, but only if you apply about 100% more power!
I have had both, and from what I can tell the geometry is nearly the same, and if you use upgrade to a 1 piece CF seat on a V2, then you pretty much have an identical riding Vendetta. Although IMHO, then yellow one with the large boom is still "the bomb" of beauty!
It just looks fast and mean sitting there doing nothing!

Heck, I still think yellow is faster than red or gray - but we are splitting hairs here.

Eric - Bring that baby to Sebring in Feb!

Gary123

Zen MBB Master
Oh well, for a while I had visions of 25 mph av. On a v20 dancing in my head. Guess I'll keep working on engine and technique on v20 and dreaming of Sebring

LarryOz

Cruzeum Curator & Sigma Wrangler
Sorry I meant yellow v2
FYI: You can "edit" and of your posts. Just click the little "Edit" icon at the very bottom (of each post) to the right of your name and date.
Sorry to bust your "get and extra 5mph bubble! :(
But you are right - You will gain most of your speed by making your engine stronger.
There are of course obvious things you can do to help - and mostly are aerodynamic:
Deep dish wheels, low rolling resistance tube/tire combos, helmet with visor, water bottles in the best location, boom/handlebar setup to name a few. That is the low hanging fruit.

Gary123

Zen MBB Master
Thanks larry, right now I'm focusing on improving skills first and speed second while continually improving engine. Helmet with visor check (it takes a really long visor to block Sun)
Water bottles behind head, standard wheels conti 4000s . The bike is already a lot faster than me. But 5 mph faster sounded niiiice. Thanks for edit tip

BentSk8r

Eric - That Bronze V2 IS beautiful. Congrats on the purchase.
It was built by my good friend "bentaero" (lives close to me) - who for very unfortunate reasons can not ride any kind of bike any more. I was there when it was just the frame and watched him build it up. He was the reason I got my first Silvio and then my first V2 (RoadRunner #1), and then my red V20 (RoadRunner #2). I still miss my Yellow V2 - what a classic beauty!
As to all this talk about a V20 being 5mph faster than a V2.
Yes, it is true the V20 can and does go 5 mph faster then the V2, but only if you apply about 100% more power!
I have had both, and from what I can tell the geometry is nearly the same, and if you use upgrade to a 1 piece CF seat on a V2, then you pretty much have an identical riding Vendetta. Although IMHO, then yellow one with the large boom is still "the bomb" of beauty!
It just looks fast and mean sitting there doing nothing!

Heck, I still think yellow is faster than red or gray - but we are splitting hairs here.

Eric - Bring that baby to Sebring in Feb!

From my forum archeology and conversations with Gary I have a pretty good idea of the provenance of Freya. It still feels as if I am having an affair with another man's wife knowing all the care and effort that went in to building her up. (I shall be worthy...I shall be worthy)

Sebring would be a very heavy lift as caring for my wheel chair bound wife takes priority. In any case I have a lot to learn and change which I will do with the inspiration of this group, especially regarding training and the LCHF threads. See you all over there.