Headache from riding V

Alan W Dolbeer

Dave,

When I mounted the single water bottle cage to the left head rest tube, I shortened the stock closed and open cell foam pieces which came in the headrest. Then I inserted the left over open cell foam at the top of the headrest and closed cell foam just below it. The resulting headrest cushioning is shorter and thicker than the original. This is what I meant when I said I doubled the original foam in the headrest.

The open cell foam which I used for the wedge came from an old recumbent seatpad that was still lying around the bike stable.

super slim

Zen MBB Master
After seeing the photos of air suspended headrests, and having done short sorting rides, on our ROUGH sth Aust. bike paths, with the std open cell foam (Too Soft), then with ACS10 open cell (Ventisit) (Too Hard), my teeth are shaken to pieces.

I then tried a 12" * 1.75" tube from a child's bike, folded it 6 times so creating a 100 * 100 pad, and put this behind the closed cell+ std open cell foam, by using a WASHED old bike sock, to hold everything tightly, with the foam near the toe end then the bike tube near the open end, and fold the sock over, and temporarily fix to the headrest with clothes line cord.

Its a good use for New Zealand's only export, Wool products, (Ground Effect) that even Scottish cyclist will buy in Scotland!

I will take it out later tonight for a test ride, as it was 38 C (100 F) today.
This heat is killing me!
__12 by 1.75 tube folded 6 times .jpg __folded sock foam at toe end tube at open end.jpg ___sock folded top view.jpg

Attachments

• ___sock folded top view.jpg
    ___sock folded top view.jpg
    304.5 KB · Views: 2
Last edited: