Headrest Alternatives for Silvio or Vendetta ~Rick

Rick Youngblood

CarbonCraft Master
Cliff, sorry, I don't. But it's simple. I attached the bottom with Velcro, and at the top I drilled 4 small holes in the abs plate, one on each side of the headrest rail, and ran zip ties through the holes and around the rail. The Velcro will keep the plate from sliding and the zip ties will hold it in place. This way you can adjust to clear rear wheel. I used heat to give the abs plate some curve.

I should add, no holes were drilled into seat, but yes that's another option.

Rick Youngblood

CarbonCraft Master
Okay, here they are:

17112100422_c58f91ded7_o.jpg

Top zip ties not installed

16927439829_f3fb854aab_o.jpg

With aero bag mounted

17113628885_e498ef3d46_c.jpg

Optional open cell pad, to change seat angle

16927439999_e014689721_c.jpg

With pad and seat bag installed

16925839058_81556cdba1_c.jpg

BJ686

Rick, what material are you using for that seat back extension(i.e., the piece that the open cell foam sits on)? Is that ABS plastic as well? Looks like it might be a little more flexible than that but I can't quite tell.

If it is ABS plastic, I'd be interested to know the thickness if you happen to recall it. Thanks, Brad

Rick Youngblood

CarbonCraft Master
Rick, what material are you using for that seat back extension(i.e., the piece that the open cell foam sits on)? Is that ABS plastic as well? Looks like it might be a little more flexible than that but I can't quite tell.

If it is ABS plastic, I'd be interested to know the thickness if you happen to recall it. Thanks, Brad
This particular piece is not abs, however I have made these using 1/8" abs. I purchase 24 x 48 inch sheets from eBay. The one shown above is the material used to make sprinkler boxs that you get at Home Depot or Lowes, it's slightly thicker than 1/8", maybe 3/16, and not as dense as abs.