Helmet (Brain Bucket Options)

3WHELZ

Guru
Seeing NeaL's new helmet has prompted me to investigate various helmet options. This is not to start a war over brand, but a discussion of functionality. I suspect that when I move from my Silvio 1.0 to a 4.0, I may take advantage of headrest. Most traditional helmets are designed for aerodynamics and airflow, which result in a tapered end. I am curious of what options are available from a comfort perspective. I typically ride with prescription sunglasses that are designed to accommodate a helmet; however the darken visor is an attractive option of not having to carry a second pair of glasses.

Thanks

McWheels

Off the long run
Just quietly (and heretically), you'll be ok without spending money for something a pedestrian would generate just as much benefit from

DavidCH

In thought; expanding the paradigm of traversity
Giro Vanquish claims speed increases without ventilation sacrifice

http://flip.it/ZKFdAM

Looks good. Might ditch the Giro Attack Air. It's supposed to be 7% better aerodynamics. However the selling pitch to me is it's ventilation.

The Giro Vanquish is on sale from December (unless you are a pro with contacts)

Last edited:

DavidCH

I am quite simply stunned. Just back from Paris. Walked for days on end. So many monuments. No recumbent. Lots of cobblestone road. There seems to be a new elite that like to bike on a fixie without a helmet with wafer thin carbon wheels. The traffic is crazy too. Quite surprised. But now I fancy trying a light weight fixie... :rolleyes::eek:

DavidCH

I am quite simply stunned. Just back from Paris. Walked for days on end. So many monuments. No recumbent. Lots of cobblestone road. There seems to be a new elite that like to bike on a fixie without a helmet with wafer thin carbon wheels. The traffic is crazy too. Quite surprised. But now I fancy trying a light weight fixie... :rolleyes::eek:
No gears for tears

DavidCH

It's certainly not for the faint hearted. Probably easier to do a track stop ... heck that could be cool on a v20 :eek:

DavidCH

Here is a thought of creation. A v20 fixie with one of these on the rear wheel. You would probably want a full facial helmet to go with it plus a bit of body armor.

http://www.cytronex.com/