Help with trainer equipment please -2 issues

joy

I have a Kicker Snap I use for Zwift. 1. I am using a Wahoo HR monitor, but it is not very reliable. Can someone recommend a replacement. Needs to be Bluetooth, money not a concern. Accuracy is the only concern, as I need to monitor my hr as I ride. 2. Can you recommend a Bluetooth cadence monitor? I am using a Bontrager ant model, which works fine, but I would like to use my IPad instead of my husband’s laptop, so ant is out. Thanks

RojoRacing

Donut Powered Wise-guy
what's wrong with your wahoo hr monitor? seems like lots of people use them without issue. I will say that HR straps can be quite sensitive to how you make contact with your skin. I'm not much a sweater so sometime it'll read super low or high for the first 10 mins of some of my rides. Also if your strap came with a battery already installed maybe change it because sometimes you get one with a weak battery.

super slim

Zen MBB Master
what's wrong with your wahoo hr monitor? seems like lots of people use them without issue. I will say that HR straps can be quite sensitive to how you make contact with your skin. I'm not much a sweater so sometime it'll read super low or high for the first 10 mins of some of my rides. Also if your strap came with a battery already installed maybe change it because sometimes you get one with a weak battery.
6 hours is not enough for me!!!

When on a Rocky's bike tour, where 110 km (70 mls) 1600 m (5,300ft) climbing, is the norm!
The young whippersnappers might do it in 6 hours in a DF paceline, no stopping for any views, but I stop regularly to take photos, and catch my breath at the top of each mountain! so 8 to 10 hrs for me!

joy

The Wahoo works, but seems to go through batteries fast. It also drops out a lot. Thanks Ratz, I’ll give yours a try. Any blue tooth cadence monitor recommendations?

super slim

Zen MBB Master
Get two, switch mid-ride.
I think I’ll get another one. I’ve used my Scosche for several years and now the battery only lasts 4-5 hours. Besides, I need more color.
I am VERY happy with my Garmin Edge 800, heart rate monitor, ANT+, with two press stud connections to a replaceable chest strap.
The straps last about 2 years, and my latest is a Polar Wear Link+, which can reliably go down to 90 bpm rate after sweat is created, where previous Polar and Garmin straps would only go down to 120 bpm.

AND the battery lasts 6 months, not 6 hours!

The Wahoo works, but seems to go through batteries fast. It also drops out a lot. Thanks Ratz, I’ll give yours a try. Any blue tooth cadence monitor recommendations?
The Wahoo speed sensor worked very well for me over Bluetooth, so I expect their cadence sensor will also. The battery lasted through the winter training season.

I have a Kicker Snap I use for Zwift. 1. I am using a Wahoo HR monitor, but it is not very reliable. Can someone recommend a replacement. Needs to be Bluetooth, money not a concern. Accuracy is the only concern, as I need to monitor my hr as I ride. 2. Can you recommend a Bluetooth cadence monitor? I am using a Bontrager ant model, which works fine, but I would like to use my IPad instead of my husband’s laptop, so ant is out. Thanks
Wahoo has a new cadence and speed sensor that is bluetooth compatible. It is the blue Sp speed and cadence sensor.

joy

Thanks all. I’ll look at the Wahoo sensor. Just ordered the Scosche. Will try it out Friday.