Is my KICKR kicking the bucket??

LarryOz

Cruzeum Curator & Sigma Wrangler
I have have my KICKR now for about 3 years and have probably put between 1500-1800 hours on it, so it has been used very regularly to say the least. I have recently noticed that it sometimes does not want to "work" correctly anymore. Like today, in one of my intervals, instead of holding me at 102% FTP, it insisted on only doing 95% FTP. I had 6 of these 8 minute intervals and it messed up on 2 of them for the entire interval. I was using ERG mode. I was not really watching the wattage as I was watching a video or reading something on-line and just trusting KICKR to do what it is supposed to. I thought it was easier as I was finishing it, but did not notice until done.

Also, when I do a coastdown test, the temperature is 42 degrees C. It has been a while since I have used the coastdown and cannot remember what the old values were, but 42 seems high. What temp values are you guys with KICKR's getting when you do the coastdown? Kind of wondering if the bearings are going bad and it is generating more heat because of it.

ratz

Wielder of the Rubber Mallet
I have have my KICKR now for about 3 years and have probably put between 1500-1800 hours on it, so it has been used very regularly to say the least. I have recently noticed that it sometimes does not want to "work" correctly anymore. Like today, in one of my intervals, instead of holding me at 102% FTP, it insisted on only doing 95% FTP. I had 6 of these 8 minute intervals and it messed up on 2 of them for the entire interval. I was using ERG mode. I was not really watching the wattage as I was watching a video or reading something on-line and just trusting KICKR to do what it is supposed to. I thought it was easier as I was finishing it, but did not notice until done.

Also, when I do a coastdown test, the temperature is 42 degrees C. It has been a while since I have used the coastdown and cannot remember what the old values were, but 42 seems high. What temp values are you guys with KICKR's getting when you do the coastdown? Kind of wondering if the bearings are going bad and it is generating more heat because of it.
Brake is probably out of calibration; use the wahoo fitness application to do an "advanced spin down" and that will calibrate the brake. This assumes your firmware is also up-to-date