It arrived

bladderhead

Zen MBB Master
So, I got these Hope brakes.

So, I got these Hope brakes. Mountain. So I got the mountain bars. Then got the shims. I got XX1 with a twist-shift. I liked this until it started mis-shifting. I hate mis-shifting. I have been riding along holding the shifter between two clicks. So I decided to put the Cruzbike bars on with Hylex, and use a friction shifter. Years ago I used friction shifters and never had any problems with them. I got Sram shifters, which I could only get in a pair. The right one is index, left is friction, so I decided to use the left one on the right. With this I could only get 7 gears. Looking at the two shifters I could see that the right one pulls more cable than the left. I took them both to bits and combined them. Still not enough cable. Only 9 gears. I got a Jtek Shiftmate. I can't remember how I found out about this brilliant gizmo. It is a sort of pulley thing through which the gear cable winds. It increases the amount of cable pulled. Very clever.

Anyway, success! I now have the Cruzbike bars with Hylex brakes, XX1 cassette and derailleur, and a Frankenfrictionshifter.

tiltmaniac

Zen MBB Master
I'm surprised they (the CnC

I'm surprised they (the CnC shops) didn't just try a round-over bit and a jig.

Seems like the (made for cutting) wood round-over bits work OK on aluminum with decent coolant and slow turn speeds.