It's the worlds best climbing recumbent I've owned!

Rick Youngblood

CarbonCraft Master
I just wanted to share my climbing experience with the Silvio thus far. I've put just over 3100 miles on my Silvio to date.

Looking at my past data over the last 3 years of a particular climb that I do a couple of times a month (maybe more in the past) and comparing the average speed of the climb, to the few recumbents I've owned which include:
Corsa 650C,
V2 650C,
Xstream Team,
Tour Easy,
Musashi, and
Metabike 700C.

The hill is about 1.5 miles and is about 6% grade.

Today on my Silvio 2 my average speed was 9.3 mph (for me that blazing fast). Looking over at the other bikes past data, the Metabike's best time was 6.1 mph (and when I did that, I was mighty proud). Todays ride was not an all out as I'm still nurturing an over worked hamstring, but I did put effort into the ride, just not all out. The Musashi and other bikes were in the low 5's.

I've never been good at climbing, but these days I seem to be holding my own up the hills, I'm even passing df riders, and/or just not getting passed much at all. It feels good to do the passing for once.

scabinetguy

Sivio climbing

Rick, I've found the Silvio to be a very good climber also. I was on a steep incline not long ago( about a mile ) and I found that if I sit up on the bike and hug the handle bars I can sustain long climbs of 9% or more. I know it sounds very uncomfortable but it's quite a powerful position. I actually rest my butt on the base of the backrest. If you haven't tried this give it a try, you'll be surprised...Steve