Just Ordered the Silvio 2.0 Frameset

unc99

Saw that the new 2.0 frameset was now in the "for sale" section, so went ahead and placed an order. Will transfer parts from my Silvio 1.0. Not sure what production timing is, but hopefully won't be too long.

Although I know others have differing opinions and preferences, I'm personally excited about the new lower seat angle--that had been my only complaint on the 1.0. I had been considering going to the Vendetta, but had not pulled the trigger because I don't have a lot of "open roads" to ride on and didn't want that much recline for all the stopping and starting I have to do. I also think/hope the new Silvio will be more appealing to the road bike-type crowd as the improved aerodynamics will be much better for club rides, centuries, etc., so hopefully it can help "grow the enterprise" just as the Vendetta has done.

Anyone else placed an order?

Andrew 1973

Zen MBB Master
I can't wait 'til you get it

I'm excited to see the latest iteration of the Silvio, so I hope you get yours soon.

Ivan

Guru
I have also just placed an

I have also just placed an order for Silvio 2.0 - I have ordered a chainstay extension 100mm and SRAM Force with it and will be receiving the group and accessories while I am in Kentucky, US. I will then be returning to Singapore where the frame will be shipped direct from Taiwan. I believe this will be the first Cruzbike in Singapore -- where any recumbent is extremely rare.

Unfortunately, the profile selection will not allow me to choose Singapore. So I'm selecting our nearest country - Malaysia!

Drew

2.0 upgrade

Put an order in today. Looking forward to riding the upgraded Silvio.

John Tolhurst

Zen MBB Master
Thanks for your orders.

Thanks for your orders. Delivery is about a month away, so I hope I can ask for patience as well as all those good vibes I've been hearing.

ak-tux

Zen MBB Master
Iavn and and Drew,

Iavn and and Drew, congratulations on your orders. Please take alot of photos of your build process and hopefully we will have an exciting "Silvio 2.0 unboxing and build" thread hear similar to what Eric did for the Vendetta!

Andrew 1973

Zen MBB Master
Eric:

Isn't that your plan to buy a Silvio? When you do, you should invite me over for a test ride. I'll buy the post-ride libations.

thebean

That was quick!

John, you nested the prototype quickly! Wow, it sounds like you nailed it. Congratulations! Eric I do hope you buy one and we can watch another wonderful build thread. Hopefully can gain some insights into raising the seat incline.

Rposar

Chai stay Extension?

I'm planning on ordering the Silvio 2.0 and using all the parts from my Silvio 1.0, including my q-ring double. Just curious, why are you ordering the chain stay extension?

Ivan

Guru
I am not tall at 175cm so can

I am not tall at 175cm so can fit Silvio with our without chainstay extension, but I wanted the higher BB option. I really like the Vendetta medium triangle position and note that Maria is a tad shorter than me. To achieve this position the Silvio's hai stay needs lengthening as one can see from photos that it is shorter than medium Vendetta. I also wanted the boom more horizontal and the handlebars lower, preferably under the knee, again like Vendetta. I think the angle of the boom contributes significantly to the Vendetta aesthetics. This boom angle in Silvio was lowered with the 1.5 curved "nose" and will be lowered further by the chainstay extension. The handlebar height can be changed on Vendetta with stem spacers but I am not sure if Silvio has this capability or note.

I really appreciate neat cable routing so am very happy that this is improved in Silvio 2.0 too. I have received my groupset and accessories from Jim, and look forward to getting it all built.

Potential buyers in Asia (or anywhere non-US or Australia), the shipping costs form gives a huge US$300 estimate which is understandably off-putting. However the Vendetta and Silvio frameset ships directly from Taiwan (not China, as another post mistakenly stated). I have asked the Parkers to ship from Taiwan to Singapore so the total shipping I paid was the same had I been in the US. Thus, if you get just the frameset and it can be shipped directly from Taiwan, then your shipping will not be horrendous. You will of course have to deal with your own taxes however.

ak-tux

Zen MBB Master
Any updates on Silvio 2.0 build

Hello Ivan,

Just curious, do you have any updates on your Silvio 2.0 build? Please take some nice pictures of your progress.

Ivan

Guru
I have not received a

I have not received a shipping notice on my Silvio 2.0 frameset yet. Earlier estimates said it would be shipping out of Taiwan around this time. I don't see any posts yet from anyone who has actually received theirs yet...

John Tolhurst

Zen MBB Master
This is pretty much the final

This is pretty much the final parts layout for Silvio 2.0.

silvio%20parts3.JPG