Large size chainstay (V20)

BJ686

CHAINSTAY IS SOLD

For sale is a large size chainstay (original style, not the new ones). I put about 150 miles on this before switching back to a shorter chainstay. Never wrecked and great condition, other than a couple of minor scratches that are pictured. Note that this is only the chainstay, and does not include screws for the bottom bracket mount or the pulley for the FD cable (I'm using these on my current chainstay).

Asking $75 shipped to domestic US. Thanks, Brad

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

Last edited:

BJ686

Gary, if the V2.1 is the hydroformed model, I am guessing it would work, but am not sure. Don't know if it would look to good with yellow though!

twhbent

Here is a pic of my switch from the original large(yellow/chrome) chain stay to the medium(gray). One of the best improvements I made.
Hope this helps.

Attachments

• IMG_1303.jpg
    IMG_1303.jpg
    149 KB · Views: 67

GetBent

Here is a pic of my switch from the original large(yellow/chrome) chain stay to the medium(gray). One of the best improvements I made.
Hope this helps.

Why? What improved? Comfort? Stability? Steering? Aero? Other?? I am very interested in knowing what improvements can be had by switching to a smaller chain stay.

BJ686

How long is it in “ I’m not familiar with the different sizes.

Thomas, after measuring, my large chainstay is approximately 3 1/4 inches longer than the standard chainstay.

Why? What improved? Comfort? Stability? Steering? Aero? Other?? I am very interested in knowing what improvements can be had by switching to a smaller chain stay.

Ultimately, for aero, I think this depends on how each chainstay fits for you. For me, the standard put my feet too low and below the line of my body. Consequently, for me, the large was more aero. However, for others, the standard may be more aero depending on where it places the bottom bracket. You also have to consider that the large chainstay will lower the handlebars toward your lap/body because it lifts the bottom bracket (and conversely the standard chainstay will raise the handlebar). Overall, for stability, I generally felt that the standard chainstay worked better as the bike felt a bit more stable in steering with the lower placement of the bottom bracket.

If interested, see link below where I am also selling a standard chainstay.

http://cruzbike.com/forum/threads/standard-size-chainstay-v20.12114/

super slim

Zen MBB Master
From the Aero tests before the last RAAM, what was the optimum BB height above the seat base, for Jim (6'2"), and Larry (4'7")?