Little tweaks

LarryOz

Cruzeum Curator & Sigma Wrangler
(What reward should I give myself for that goal? 15% of 35kph is 40.28... If I go that speed for a century I will be pleased as punched
That's a lofty but achievable goal! It will likely require extrodinary conditions and perfect execution. It will be a Sebring record by a long shot!

DavidCH

In thought; expanding the paradigm of traversity
Ok after Sunday's 3 hour 40 minutes I got to think about suffering. The legs oddly enough were the last to complain.

First off I got pains in the lumbar region of the back. They went away intermittently by raising my back by pushing down on both pedals while cruzing. The other area was neck and shoulders. I had a headache for a day so now is the time to take Jason's headrest adjuster off the wall and put it to good use. You might laugh at this but I have extended the headrest by 4 cm and put an extra 15 mm padding on the shoulders and lumbar region of the seat. Let's see what next Sunday's ride is going to be like.

I didn't want to over tighten Jason's head rest clamp as if I tightened it to 2.5nm it might be too much. Please advise.
So it's tight enough to secure the headrest.

image.jpeg

DavidCH

Everything felt wonderful, until the front flatted and then I decked it on the left and slid across the road. Amazingly I didn't brake anything on the bike. Just a graze on the forearm and left buttock. Gave myself aloe Vera on the wounds after cleaning. I will have a day off tomorrow.

The seat mods were excellent.

So I saw recently in zwift 88 kph max speed... Best done on a trainer

tiltmaniac

Zen MBB Master
Everything felt wonderful, until the front flatted and then I decked it on the left and slid across the road. Amazingly I didn't brake anything on the bike. Just a graze on the forearm and left buttock. Gave myself aloe Vera on the wounds after cleaning. I will have a day off tomorrow.

The seat mods were excellent.

So I saw recently in zwift 88 kph max speed... Best done on a trainer

Oof! I did the exact same thing on my Silvio two years ago. I was amazed at the tiny amount of overall damage to me and the bike!

Following with interest!

DavidCH

This how it's done. Still had a lot more in my suitcase. The suitcase was twice as heavy. LOL

image.jpeg
It doesn't really look like a bike. I used a swimming noodle to protect various parts.

Then with the cardboard, I just slide it into the box.

image.jpeg

DavidCH

If you were to forget the wheels and rent them from destination (that's if you could) then you could sandwich the main bike assembly in plywood wrapped with tape and put into a over large bike bag, which would be considerably lighter.
image.jpeg

DavidCH

The 2 new KMC X11 gold chains are being cooked with molten wax. I thought I would add lib with Jason's way and then hang them in the garage to cool down.

image.jpeg

So now to let them dangle on some coat hangers
image.jpeg

There's only one trouble. The bike is not with me. It got lost in transit. Countless more hours at the airport filling in forms. Apparently it should arrive next Thursday so well out of the training loop.

Not sure why I don't feel angry. Guess I should do but don't. Hey that's a $4200 bike just gone???

Anyways Norweigan air are still locating it and it's Sunday so I don't expect anything until tomorrow.

Best travel during the week and if anything like this happens again at least you have the next day to keep things happening.

Last edited:

Zzzorse

Zen MBB Master
Zen master DavidCH, man does that suck. I'd upvote your post but there's nothing to like about losing a bike.

DavidCH

Zen master DavidCH, man does that suck. I'd upvote your post but there's nothing to like about losing a bike.
Well it's not a complete bike it's missing front forks , a seat and a headrest. I am sure it will show up but perhaps not by the 11th. Guess I will have to rupture myself and train on a DF!

LarryOz

Cruzeum Curator & Sigma Wrangler
There's only one trouble. The bike is not with me. It got lost in transit. Countless more hours at the airport filling in forms. Apparently it should arrive next Thursday so well out of the training loop.

Not sure why I don't feel angry. Guess I should do but don't. Hey that's a $4200 bike just gone???

Anyways Norweigan air are still locating it and it's Sunday so I don't expect anything until tomorrow.

Best travel during the week and if anything like this happens again at least you have the next day to keep things happening.
Ben Tomlin has a spare red V20 that he offered to Jason so he would not have to ship his, but Jason will not be able to come due to his wrist.
I am pretty sure Ben would let you use it at Sebring if yours does not get found (assuming that he has not loaned it out yet).
Send me a private email if you are interested and I will hook you up with Ben. (larryoslund@gmail.com)

I can bring my Zockra clone racer for you to ride too, if you are interested?
Zockra clone4.JPG

tiltmaniac

Zen MBB Master

Ah, that sucks. I've had that happen when heading over to tour in Europe (flying from SFO -> Zurich).
Super duper annoying at minimum.

DavidCH

Ben Tomlin has a spare red V20 that he offered to Jason so he would not have to ship his, but Jason will not be able to come due to his wrist.
I am pretty sure Ben would let you use it at Sebring if yours does not get found (assuming that he has not loaned it out yet).
Send me a private email if you are interested and I will hook you up with Ben. (larryoslund@gmail.com)

I can bring my Zockra clone racer for you to ride too, if you are interested?
View attachment 4137
Wow... That's so low it would give me a heart attack just thinking about it! Bet she is fast on the straights too. Let's see what fate throws at me by Thursday. My brother's bikes have cheap nasty pedals that seem to have welded onto the crank arms. I have bent the only two crap Walmart spanners getting them off. I thought at least I could wear my road shoes with my pedals but I can't even do that.

I was called by the airport this afternoon saying that they had found my bike... So they said when it clears customs they would give me a call. They did and I went down there and after going through various frisking security measures and tests for explosives I found out that it was someone else's bike. It hasn't been a good day.

So tomorrow when going to a 40 mile bike path we will stop at a bike shop and get the pedals removed. All I need is a long arm spanner that's not too thin and just put my foot down on it. Probable the threads haven't had a bit of grease when they were put on.

DavidCH

Park tools are the best. No sweat at that LBS. it didn't even hesitate. Bit surprised the guy didn't use a squirt of lubrication whilst undoing and the good news today is they located the bike box in London. Now trying to see how quick we can get it back here. Crazy logistics
:cool::p

ratz

Wielder of the Rubber Mallet
Park tools are the best. No sweat at that LBS. it didn't even hesitate. Bit surprised the guy didn't use a squirt of lubrication whilst undoing and the good news today is they located the bike box in London. Now trying to see how quick we can get it back here. Crazy logistics
:cool::p

Next time you should paint a picture of FL on the side of the box so they know how to find it on the globe

DavidCH

Alas these beauties didn't work out...
image.jpeg

It's not apparent but the bridge of the aero base bar is too narrow to fit on the boom. If the V20s boom is smaller then I probably will keep it as I think it's a great idea having small stable handlebar. I decided to use the old aluminum handlebars with the levers shown. I have run the brake cables internally so when xshifter gets installed the external cable run for the rear duralier can be removed.

I have worked with carbon too. I have a surprise tail box that I kept quiet about until now...
image.jpeg
It's drying out here... Slow process but it was enjoyable. I have to admire the workmanship that's gone into Ricks but for me ... I just wanted something to stash the hydration bag.

Ok Sebring might be not so hot but for me at pace 108 miles seems like a lot
:eek: