Need a Trainer

Mark B

Zen MBB Master
I recently got my foot someplace it shouldn't have been and ended up with a spiral fracture to the metatarsal bone of my little toe. I haven't seen a real-live doctor, yet, only the PA at urgent care, but they tell me it has not displaced. My appointment with the orthopedic is set for July 5th.

I'm itching to get some cardio going and about all I can probably do is some easy spinning on the bike, if the good Dr. will let me.

I did a search and I see a lot of suggestions for high priced trainers, but all I really want is a basic trainer that will fit my skewers and I don't have to do a lot of skewering around with it to make it work. See what I did there?

Anyway, any thoughts on it?

Thanks!

Mark

RojoRacing

Donut Powered Wise-guy
Get it and be done with it, don't bother with the other fluid trainers for twice as much you won't feel a difference. This is the fluid trainer I used before upgrading to mt $1000 smart trainer and I'd buy it again if I wanted anything that wasn't computer controlled. The preset resistance which isn't adjustable feel like a 1-2% grade to me so you'll be right in the middle of your gears for the most part.

http://www.performancebike.com/weba...Product_10052_10551_1111869_-1_400133__400133

40-5839-WHI-ANGLE.jpg

RojoRacing

Donut Powered Wise-guy
If you happen to be in norcal (east bay) for the long weekend I'll sell you mine for $80, I'm not willing to ship in anywhere.

Mark B

Zen MBB Master
If you happen to be in norcal (east bay) for the long weekend I'll sell you mine for $80, I'm not willing to ship in anywhere.
LOL!! Thanks, but I don't think I'll be hobbling up that way any time too soon! Thanks for the input, though. It fits the CB skewers just fine?

Mark

RojoRacing

Donut Powered Wise-guy
You'll use the included skewer so yes. If you're using disc brakes you'll only catch a couple threads but you don't need the skewer very tight since the trainer will be compressing everything together.

I did a search and I see a lot of suggestions for high priced trainers, but all I really want is a basic trainer that will fit my skewers and I don't have to do a lot of skewering around with it to make it work. See what I did there?

I haven't found a skewer that will work both on trainer and off. I switch skewers to put the bike on the trainer. Identified somewhere else on this forum, this is a good long skewer that works well with trainers, just toss aside one of the spacers.

http://www.cannondaleexperts.com/Cannondale-Quick-Release-Trainer-Skewer--130135mm-KA048_p_2217.html

RojoRacing

Donut Powered Wise-guy
I haven't found a skewer that will work both on trainer and off. I switch skewers to put the bike on the trainer. Identified somewhere else on this forum, this is a good long skewer that works well with trainers, just toss aside one of the spacers.

http://www.cannondaleexperts.com/Cannondale-Quick-Release-Trainer-Skewer--130135mm-KA048_p_2217.html

That would be a good skewer for my above mentioned trainer but instead of ditching the spacers completely I'd maybe go to the hardware store and buy some spacers half width. The travel trac trainer was a solid setup but due to the deep cups on both the trainer and V20, there was a little paint contact. It didn't bother me but I might someone else.