Noisy rear shock adsorber

Atul

Hello ,

I just purchased a sofrider V2.
I have a couple of "problems" brain probems ? :lol: )

Rear shock adsorber
I attached the rear shock absorber to the rear triangle
I used two 5 mm Allen wrenches and secured it tight
if you push those two heads alternatively the transversal gap is 0.1 - 0.2 mm ( say that longitudinal is the ride direction )
If you pull the bike up from the frame and down, any time it detaches from ground or touches it again the eye of the shock absorber connected to the rear triangle "clicks" - If you watch closely while you do that you may observe the longitudinal gap of this connection is more or less 0.5 - 1 mm ( I guess by brutal visual appreciation ) Is it normal ?
I didn put any grease to the coupling of the bearing and the pivoting screw axle for the bearing are brass like so I assumed that grease could have only packed dirt and not improved lub
Since the coupling is noise is it wise to put some thick grase ?

Front shift
Operates properly
The command turns up harder that vice versa
It is logical but just the force to down shit is minimal

Any body out there experienced same or had same doubts ?

Thanks for helping out

Atul

going out to have my second ride

Doug Burton

Zen MBB Master
Some gap is normal in the side-to-side direction because the shock has no role in side-to-side location of the rear suspension.

The shifter feels "tighter" when shifting against the derailleur return spring; it's lighter when shifting with it. Since the SRV2 uses a "low normal" derailleur, shifting up gives a little more effort.

These are normal behaviors for the SRV2. If the lateral motion of the shock bothers you, you can use thin washers to shim it, but not too tightly, which will add to friction in the rear suspension.

best,

Doug

Atul

Hi Dougs ,

shifter - I got it and makes sense , just a doubt I had for I am not familiar with these grip and turn shifters.

Motion of shock adsorber - I am with you, lateral motion is normal as it is and there is no need of washers to limit it.
What bothers me is the motion in the direction of drive, say square to the lateral ( i.e. the direction of drive ) of the shock adsorber
There is a longitudinal tiny gap between the brass bearing of the shock adsorber and the pivot ( the bolt with the two hexagonal heads )
The result of this gap is that any time you ride over a bump the eye of the shock adsorber is pushed and on re bouncing pulled against the pivot because of the tiny gap and makes a click sound.
I wonder if this can course wear and the noise can be reduced and eliminated.

Beg you pardon for the lengthy description but my command of the leanguage and jergon is limited

Hope I made it clear.

all the best

Thanks

Atul