Ol'Yellow get a New Facelift after 11.6K Miles

RojoRacing

Donut Powered Wise-guy
Rick, I have the solution to STAYING with disc brakes, as I too rate them way above rim brakes, especially when it is wet and wild weather!!!
Remove the wheels from Big Yellow, Duct tape it to the back of your racing 1,000cc Motor bike, ride down to Jason's in 5 hours, as it is only 500 miles!

For just the price of a second hand Carbon Fibre Tail Box, designed for the same seat as his, he would place your Big Yellow on its side, perfectly level, Power side up, on his Milling machine, and machine the tabs flat in the vertical and horizontal planes to the bike wheel CL.

:lol I was thinking about that but didn't have a good picture in my head till you said as such. I would need to make a solid though axel type jig for both front and rear stays to ensure perpendicularity. That's assuming I only need to remove material and not add.

Something similar could be done with just the needed adaptater pieces but honestly that would be harder to calculate for someone like me.

ak-tux

Zen MBB Master
+1 on that tailbox!
+1 on the beautiful paint job!

Where did you get all those decals?

Alignment problems not withstanding, I am of the opinion that only the front wheel really needs the disc brake. The rear wheel is best with a rim brake since it is needs a much less powerful brake

36195747153_bee5f56a26_b.jpg

super slim

Zen MBB Master
+1 on that tailbox!
+1 on the beautiful paint job!

Where did you get all those decals?

Alignment problems not withstanding, I am of the opinion that only the front wheel really needs the disc brake. The rear wheel is best with a rim brake since it is needs a much less powerful brake

36195747153_bee5f56a26_b.jpg
The main use of the rear brake, is when getting OUT of the S30, so I can slide my Super Skinny body up the seat, without the bike moving!

The rear DISK only, is also very good when descending LONG twisting declines as a drag brake!

ak-tux

Zen MBB Master

The rear DISK only, is also very good when descending LONG twisting declines as a drag brake!

+1
Good point. I agree. I believe it will stop the tendency to overheat the rim in the case of a rim brake in such scenarios?

super slim

Zen MBB Master
:lol I was thinking about that but didn't have a good picture in my head till you said as such. I would need to make a solid though axel type jig for both front and rear stays to ensure perpendicularity. That's assuming I only need to remove material and not add.

Something similar could be done with just the needed adaptater pieces but honestly that would be harder to calculate for someone like me.
I was thinking of roof rack mounts for the axles, bolted to a vertical surface and some adjustable mounts on a horizontal surface to support the weight of the frame!
Do you think Rick would part with his CF masterpiece Tailbox to get the machining done?

ak-tux

Zen MBB Master
Never painted, this is the original factory paint job. ......
:oops: Maybe it's my eyes, my memory, or is it the photo? Isn't it golden yellow? Somehow this shade of yellow looks a little different from the original yellow Vendetta s version 1 and 1.5 ...

Anyway it's very nice looking and well taken care of considering it was an early V ver-2.0 ?

Rick Youngblood

CarbonCraft Master
:oops: Maybe it's my eyes, my memory, or is it the photo? Isn't it golden yellow? Somehow this shade of yellow looks a little different from the original yellow Vendetta s version 1 and 1.5 ...

Anyway it's very nice looking and well taken care of considering it was an early V ver-2.0 ?
It's an iPhone photo, taken yesterday during a smoke filled sky giving a slightly darker tone. It is the same yellow as the original V1-1.5 and V2 production paint.

Bentas

Simpler graphics look better Rick ,sometimes less is more.
Im interested in your front light set up ? Type of light? Is it rechargeable ? And how you have attached it?

Rick Youngblood

CarbonCraft Master
Simpler graphics look better Rick ,sometimes less is more.
Im interested in your front light set up ? Type of light? Is it rechargeable ? And how you have attached it?
Rear light is an older model Dinotte http://dinottelighting.com/

As far as graphics, this week is, more is more week, tradition-modern road/mtb big bold graphics. Who knows what next weeks graphics will bring to the forum :D!

super slim

Zen MBB Master
Using you black outline like these that you created for your Vendetta!Vendetta6.jpg Vendetta6.jpg cruzbike.jpg

P1170044.JPG

The previous owner painted the frame white so no Decels, only Cruzbike on the rear stay!

See Flash and No Flash Photos, with the Boom Normal with no flash, so no Crubike Logo on the boom!!

Attachments

• cruzbike.jpg
    cruzbike.jpg
    8.7 KB · Views: 52
  • silvio V2.2 with reflective tape Flash .jpg
    silvio V2.2 with reflective tape Flash .jpg
    297.5 KB · Views: 54
  • Silvio V2.2 white .jpg
    Silvio V2.2 white .jpg
    363.4 KB · Views: 60

jond

Zen MBB Master
Rick I am not now worried about fitting disc brakes to any of my road bikes saving me a fortune in new wheels.

Most importantly I am pleased to see one original super nasty graphic left on the front of your V2.

For this sword graphic is perfect for the vendetta.