Quest picture

currystomper

The Quest site is up and down, so here is a picture of the bike if you haven't been able to access the page and want to see what all the chat is about!! :-

126_5ab7cc957f6f70dc90480c6225530c50

Gromit

Guru
currystomper wrote: The Quest site is up and down, so here is a picture of the bike if you haven't been able to access the page and want to see what all the chat is about!! :-
Although the main Quest page is still in an "Access denied" state. Pictures of both versions of the bike are available via the web shop. ;)
71_6dc974c5cb3d6f88caffb6f226959a95

Here is a picture of the Quest with 26" wheels. :)

currystomper

Gromit wrote:
Although the main Quest page is still in an "Access denied" state. Pictures of both versions of the bike are available via the web shop. ;)
Here is a picture of the Quest with 26" wheels. :)
Yup - but its a shame to not have some nice pictures in the forum isn't it :lol:

Doug Burton

Zen MBB Master
Hi Folks,

We usually don't like to go too loud with new products until they're in hand and we can check them out.

I'll put out a technical summary on the Quest as soon as one is in hand and assembled.

It's been checked extensively prior to and during production, but things need to be done in a consistent manner...

It won't be long now!

Best,

Doug

Atul

Hi ,
while grounded waiting for arrival of new cranks 160 mm from UK ( I spill frm the bike and bent one ) I browsed through the blob to polish my eye with the latest .... just to see the new QUEST

Its nice and sexy and I think that the 26" versions fits perfectly between the V2 and the Silvio

I fount it relatively easy to fix on my V2 fenders, chain protection and a sound rear rack ...
I am not seeing it so simple do the same on the QUEST ;
I am not seeing a sufficient gap between the 26" front wheel and the fork for a single blade fender to be accommodated
Are the steams of the front fork of QUEST any shorter of those of V2 ?

Anyway I see the V2 as an ideal ever day touring bike while the QUEST seams to me more sporty and modern with a rear arm ans sock absorber of last design.
About its 20" version it doesn't appeal to my european taste for big wheels bikes although I see possible advantages as lower centre of gravity, perhaps a smaller front section and an easy passage for the front fender which in fact would help to fill the gap between wheel and fork ( so un aesthetic ).

Price seams correct considering the innovations and despite I expect it to land here in Italy ex vat and transport for similar n absolute figures but in Euro instead of dollars :(

Time for me to sleep :geek: after a day on front of this computer

Aloha
Atul Franco

John Tolhurst

Zen MBB Master
Hi Atul
I'm also Grounded waiting to board an aeroplane. :)

Thanks for your comments. You are right about the fork being shorter than the sofrider. This helps the bike fold down tight.

As you say I hope it does fit between the sofrider and silvio.

Oops boarding call!!!

John Tolhurst

Zen MBB Master
Gromit wrote: The version of the Quest with 26" wheels has gone from the web shop.
Have they all been sold already?
We are examining something, until we confirm, we won't committ to supplying it, so we took it out of the shop for the moment. Nothing major but we want the details right.

echo_anomie

John Tolhurst wrote:
Gromit wrote: The version of the Quest with 26" wheels has gone from the web shop.
Have they all been sold already?
We are examining something, until we confirm, we won't committ to supplying it, so we took it out of the shop for the moment. Nothing major but we want the details right.

Looks nice - I'd sell my Brompton for the 20" version! - any pics of it folded?

Is there one in Perth?? Can I have a go??

Chris Poole
(Freerider V1)

super slim

Zen MBB Master
John,
When are the 26" quest arriving in Australia, and what is the price, as I am Trying to get my twin brother to ride to work 7.5 km one way. He has a comfort bike, but has lots of seat problems so has only riden it a couple of times.

Regards

David

John Tolhurst

Zen MBB Master
Super Slim wrote: John,
When are the 26" quest arriving in Australia, and what is the price, as I am Trying to get my twin brother to ride to work 7.5 km one way. He has a comfort bike, but has lots of seat problems so has only riden it a couple of times.

Regards

David
Got them here now David, check with cruzbiking the easern states dealer, his name is Kim. Details off the dealer pages.

Cheers
John

Nanda H.

Looks like the Quest page is up, as well as a new Catalog page

http://www.cruzbike.com/quest.html

http://www.cruzbike.com/catalog

Got a couple Quest 20's inbound, can't wait to try one.

John, can the Quest 26 be ordered with a Softrider fork...capable of accepting a wider tire then 26x1"? What is the max 26" tire size the rear swing-arm will accept? Surely the longer fork might not get into a 30" suitcase, but it would be nice to have a dressed hot sister to the Softrider with the triple crank and disc brakes. I've been watching a lot of the hardcore Softrider touring video's on Youtube with loaded rigs going over all kinds of terrain world wide, and wondering if the 26" Quest would be any better suited (with a roomier fork) then the Softrider.

John Tolhurst

Zen MBB Master
Nanda H. wrote: Looks like the Quest page is up, as well as a new Catalog page

http://www.cruzbike.com/quest.html

http://www.cruzbike.com/catalog

Got a couple Quest 20's inbound, can't wait to try one.

John, can the Quest 26 be ordered with a Softrider fork...capable of accepting a wider tire then 26x1"? What is the max 26" tire size the rear swing-arm will accept? Surely the longer fork might not get into a 30" suitcase, but it would be nice to have a dressed hot sister to the Softrider with the triple crank and disc brakes. I've been watching a lot of the hardcore Softrider touring video's on Youtube with loaded rigs going over all kinds of terrain world wide, and wondering if the 26" Quest would be any better suited (with a roomier fork) then the Softrider.
Yes Nanda, good questions there.

Technically, a sofrider fork will go into the Quest, although it lacks cable stoppers on the left for the disk brake, which would be a minor inconvenience. Our difficulty is that all our sofrider forks are sitting assembled in sofrider bikes, so you see the problem - we don't see much demand for sofrider's that have a fork missing.

Rear swing arm can take a fat 26, it is not a critical dimension there for folding. The Quest 26x1" tire version is pretty slick on the road and does bridge the gap nicely between the Silvio and the Sofrider. Hey since its yellow and zippy maybe we could have called it Zest?