Rear wheel bearing specs? (V1)

piston9

Hi,

I have a V1. The rear wheel was running like it had bricks for bearings, so I dismantled, cleaned, etc. I have the old and new bearings.

Does anyone know the stock bearing size? Wondering if someone replaced before I got the bike and did it wrong - I cannot make the bearing cups go back in, and the wheel spins 'crunchy' even with new bearings and grease (and it doesn't go all the way in). I'm using 10 3/16" bearings (I tried with only 9, no better)

Any help appreciated :D

IMG_1116.jpg

1happyreader

zen/child method
heh, piston9 !!!
can you find ANY markings on the hub ??
maybe your LBS would recognize the brand.
Cruzbike wheels were/are an optional add-on, and those do NOT look like them to me.
Vendetta and/or Silvio = frameset only untill 2015 ????
later,,,,bye

super slim

Zen MBB Master
If it is a Sofrider V1.0 then the rear wheel spacing is 135 mm NOT 100 mm, which is the normal DF front wheel spacing.
I THINK that you might have a rear wheel solid axle (for 135 mm spacing) with a larger threaded diameter, than the front axle with cones designed for 1/4" balls (rear wheel), not the front wheel (3/16")

MrSteve

Zen MBB Master
My stock Sofrider V1 was equipped with the same wheels yours has.
Unfortunately for everyone who's interested, my stock rear wheel
spun it's races and was junked.
The Sofrider V1 now runs on a 26" Bontrager Quick-Release style front wheel, on the back,
which I've modified to use the stock solid axle and some old-school cone and dome bearings.
The bike likes the customized Bontrager wheel better than it liked the stock Weinmann wheel.
Sorry I'm no help.

On the bright side, the stock Weinmann front wheel, which uses sealed bearings and a Q.R., is still going strong
after thousands and thousands of miles.