Recumbent Cycle Con 2016

ratz

Wielder of the Rubber Mallet
We had prototype #3 at the show and briefly attached it to my V20 to give some Cruzbike folks a feel for riding it.
Here' the one salient point I got from riding it attached to the v20. Within 10 seconds of pedaling it I forgot it was there; and the v20 was sized way too big for me but I didn't feel like moving the boom

I got a chance to ride the latest prototype as well. Loved the experience but also realize that the current iteration was designed to help solve basic mechanics and still has a way to go before it's a production model. I have to admit that I wasn't much use relative to useful input beyond the value of the silly grin plastered all over my face. :rolleyes:

DavidCH

In thought; expanding the paradigm of traversity
Looks like there aim is to supply the T50 as a frame kit with a target price around $500! Here Maria talks with the Laid Back Bike Report. 00:10:32 in the video is where it starts.

Gosh... And maybe in different colors

image.jpeg Met up with a local rider, Than to follow up and answer some of his questions about the V20.

Brought SigrD and switched the pedals so he could take her for a spin. Only problem was he couldn't reach the pedals. :confused: image.jpeg

With my big JDRF ride at Amelia Island happening next weekend, I don't want to make any changes to the set up right now. So we talked and he glided and I demonstrated some things.

We're going to meet up again when I get back and go riding.

tiltmaniac

Zen MBB Master
We had prototype #3 at the show and briefly attached it to my V20 to give some Cruzbike folks a feel for riding it. We did not display it publicly at our booth, but those that came out to the grassy knoll where our tent was set up got to examine it, including a bunch of young engineering students who may use it for a project. It has a very unique design, with a 70 cm wheel track width and 30 cm trailing tilt arms that allow over 45 degrees of tilt. I've been riding it around my neighborhood in NC and it feels smooth. Making good progress on the lock-out feature. We will do an email update with a video of the Ttrike in action in a few weeks. This design has potential to accomplish all the goals we wanted, but needs a lot of refining before it's ready for production. Still a year out at the earliest.

Hmm, that does sound interesting. It is difficult to get something that wide to have 45-degrees of tilt out of such relatively short trailing arms.
Sounds like the track is smaller than what I have on my prototype. That makes sense to me (the only reason I made mine wider was to allow luggage to be carried there)-- the track of mine (~18in) places torsion stresses on components that weren't really designed for that...