S30 Shock disablement

ratz

Wielder of the Rubber Mallet
So you want to see what it's like to ride the newer S30 without the front shock....To see if you like it better.

Well I can't make your Silvio 2.x or suspended S30 have a 33degree seat angle, you can do that with a Towel or other seat shim. That's left as an exercise for you to sort out for yourself.

But to disable the shock you need a $0.78 hose clamp and a screw driver.

Just pull down the rubber shock boot; and install the clamp at the top of the silver shock cylinder; poof no more front movement.

IMG_5475.jpg IMG_5477.jpg IMG_5478.jpg

ratz

Wielder of the Rubber Mallet
and, do you feel a difference when riding with this modification?

Yes; slightly cleaner power feeling in the pedals because the rest of the triangle could be made tighter since no fork travel to be worried about. Feels more solid in and out of cornering; especially on a slalom lean. I'll be leaving it this way.

20 year old has been a Quest 559 pilot for a 3-4 years; never been on a Silvio before angle of seat made her hesitant. Today as an experiment I convinced here to get on the Silvio. Put her on the modded bike and she immediately road it and started doing figure 8 drills and started doing them better than she can on her suspended Quest. So there's definitely no skill handling lost with the mod from what I can see.

Last edited:
I have tried this mod also and I am happy with it. Feels like I can get more power to the wheel. Also, I didn't like the feel of the bouncy front end.