S30 stock headrest - am I doing this right?

AlexisBV

For some reason the headrest pad doesn't seem to stay where I would want it to be. It tends to slide kinda downwards. On the inside, I put the denser foam to the back and the lighter foam to the front (where I put my head/helmet). In addition to the whole assembly stretching downwards, the light and dense foams also tend to slide a bit as well. Can you have a look at the pics and see if I put this thing together the right way? It has been a year and a half I've had the bike, I thought I had that figured out o_O

20180210_191020.jpg 20180210_191025.jpg

Suz

Put the cover over the metal and the cushions.

I also poked small zip strips through the pad and around each leg of the metal part to keep the pad in place.

AlexisBV

That's what I originally did, though I changed to the current setup because it wasn't really staying in place either and I was ending up with my head resting on the metal instead.. also I figured the velcro straps were intended to hug the headrest metal bars. I'll try switching back to that and adding some zip ties like you said.

Reactions: Suz
He has the newer type of cover which lets you add the cage mount accessory. I used a Velcro strap around the headrest with extra padding to fill the gap. I ultimately switched to a different headrest.