Seat circumference for the new Silvio S30

Ted

Hi y'all, I've been in touch with Radical Design about their rear seat bags for the S30. They need to know the circumference of the seat (I'm assuming without the cushion) 20cm/7.87 inches down from the top of the seat. Can anyone with a new S30 please measure and share that info. Thanks in advance.
p.s. Yes, I ordered the S30 a couple days ago. Now I gotta sell two bikes I don't ride, a triathlon bicycle, a different make recumbent, and my Silvio 1.5 to pay for S30 :).

AlexisBV

Hi Ted, I assume it's 20cm down along the length of the seat, without the headrest? I can try to measure that with a measuring tape tonight (assuming my fingers don't freeze off, it's way below zero here in Montreal). The carbon seat actually has an upside-down "U" cross section, but I assume you don't need to add the length inside the U (just across).

Ted

Thanks Alexis. Yes, from the top center down 20cm, then measure around and "straight across" the back.

AlexisBV

Just measured with the seat still mounted to the frame, it's about 53cm all around, including the bulge in the back due to the frame. The measuring tape could possibly be tightened a couple mm but probably less than a centimeter at most (so I'd say it's likely around 52.5cm). Here's a quick look:

Hope that helps, if you need more let me know and I'll try to take better measurements, for now the Silvio is still outside in the shed as my indoor trainer base is still on back order :(

Ted

53cm ... thanks sooo much for braving the cold and getting the measurement Alexis! You needn't go out "... to take a better measurement ...". This should be good enough for what Radical Design needs.