Seat issue, help needed

joy

After a couple of rides on my new Qx100, I am getting a bruise type pain on the back of my left leg, high up near my butt, from the seat. No issues on the right. Boom seems correct. I also ride an S30 and V20 and have no issues with them. The front of the seat just seems a little too high. Suggestions? Thanks

yuly

I encounter these kind of pains too, on the left side as well. I've tried several combinations to try and eliminate it and some worked. I am short, about 5'1' so I don't have a lot of adjustment possible but what I did do that seemed to help the most was two fold:
1. I inverted the seat post so it would face down and that allowed me to lower the seat back angle to 20-25 degrees - this does help the leg pain and increases general comfort but the visibility is poor.
2. I have moved the seat pan to the first holes so the result is the seat pan is seated all the way to the back of the bike - this has the effect of almost leveling the seat pan and by that decreasing the angle between your thighs and the crank. While this seems to help with the pain, it does come at the expense of the seat back angle - which now can't be that low and is around 40 degrees (with the seat post in its original orientation, not reversed)

joy

Thanks for the info. Even though I just bought the Q, I just ordered an S40 to replace it. So I now should be good to go.

yuly

You're welcome and congratulations for the new S40 purchase :) It seems to be a great bike, I bet you'll enjoy it a lot - I'm just a tad jealous ;)