Shimano Groupset?

Terry Ulmer

I'm considering purchasing a new Shimano Tiagra 4700 10 Speed Groupset for my Vendetta 1.5 frame. Any thoughts will be great. Will the BB-RS500 Bottom Bracket work with my Vendetta 1.5? My other choice was Sram Apex. Thoughts Yeah or Nay? Thanks.

ak-tux

Zen MBB Master
Discalimer: Iam not a Vendetta owner :). However , if Vendetta 1.5 frame a has a 68mm English threaded bottom bracket shell , then I suppose a BB-RS500 Hollowtech-II BB should fit well. @Robert Holler can confirm.

BrianA

The thing to watch out for with Shimano BB is the size of the bearing cups. On some of their BBs the bearing cup is too small for the clamps on the chain-stay. I found this problem when I tried to fit an Ultegra BB to my S30, and ended up having to buy an older model Dura-Ace BB to get the chain-stay clamps to clamp securely to the bearing cups.

ratz

Wielder of the Rubber Mallet
I'm considering purchasing a new Shimano Tiagra 4700 10 Speed Groupset for my Vendetta 1.5 frame. Any thoughts will be great. Will the BB-RS500 Bottom Bracket work with my Vendetta 1.5? My other choice was Sram Apex. Thoughts Yeah or Nay? Thanks.

The cups on all the new shimano stuff are too small in almost all cases. Classic Shimano changes for no reason.

From Shimano This BB will work for sure: http://enduroforkseals.com/id198.html
The $99 one is the one you'd want. There are far more expensive ones you can upgrade to; but this one will far outperform the $15 Shimano RS500, should outlast the rest of your drive train.

Check with chris@realworldcycling.com if you want to be sure it's compatible with that crank set.