Silvio 2.0 has a secret - ride into the wind

Rick Youngblood

CarbonCraft Master
Hey, while you guys are

Hey, while you guys are searching "hilly rides", I've been busy looking for flat rides. I've never been any good at climbing and don't even think I could keep up with a sloth with arthritis, well maybe a 3 legged one.

Anyhow, you're inspiring me to maybe try and get better and work harder at climbing, now that I have a "Silvio ClimbMaster". I'm at 2000 miles now on my Silvio and just starting to work on climbing up the hills. I got to tell, even though I'm painfully slow, I'm 1-2 mph faster on some of my previous hill with this bike.

Bob, those are some crazy climbing rides you have scoped out.

Eric, if you are going to keep sliding around on your butt, you might want to invest in a case of "Boudreaux's Butt Paste",
regular_smile.gif
. I'm still in awe at the ride you did the other day and you even completed the last portion maimed!

super slim

Zen MBB Master
good hill climbing day

that hill climbing has LOTS of little hills!

Here in Aussy land , we have BIG hills!!

In Victoria there is the 3 Peaks ride which is 237 km 4414 m (150 mls, 14,500 Ft) climbing day ride which approx. 1,500 riders tackle each March, with a 13 hour time limit, with the Mt Hotham 30 km 1,350 m (19 mls 4,420ft) climb with an average 5% grade to 1,810 m (5,950 ft) elevation, being the sorter of men and boys. (I am a boy!)

OR is it the 22 km 8% climb of 980 m (13.7 mls, 3,200ft) back to Falls Creek, with the first 1km at 12%.
After riding 200 km (125 mls) and seeing a 270 degree bend at 14% gradient, you can see why it is called "Oh My **ck corner"

http://app.strava.com/activities/5131060

Super Slim

ratz

Wielder of the Rubber Mallet
Translation

First they taught us the definition of beer.

now we have this

Screen%20Shot%202014-06-18%20at%2011_16_17%20AM.png height:139px; width:419px

super slim

Zen MBB Master
The first 20 miles IS Great,

The first 20 miles IS Great, with a very winding rough bitumen track, so pedaling around each corner, with a dragging rear brake gives a 3m gain on each corner, AND good suspension, good 28 mm schwalbe tyres and a good stiff frame allows cornering through 6" deep road break ups on the apex of a corner, while the DD riders went bush!

The Ausy Roller has a bite 1/2 way down which has caught few riders each year with a tightening corner and a solid rock wall!!

XXXX beers put the weak California beers to shame!!!

Super Slim