Smaller chainrings for S40

Thanks, did notice when searching a lot of stuff came up from UK, almost a better selection. Attempted an order for some Miche stuff from spain but the card company nixed it and after i cleared it up didn't attempt another try.
Wiggle, from United Kingdom & XX Cycle from France are sources I’ve used. Good prices, often free, quick shipping & a selection of brands not found here, especiallty TA from France.

Markopolo

It has been a learning experience and interesting. Change one thing a few other dominos fall. The Sram FD seems to work fine with the triple rings, but the setup is such that when on the small ring the derailleur cage pushes on the bare adjusting cable, the setup is not what appears to be optimal for a triple ring setup. I have yet to get all the adjustments lined out so it is still up in the air whether there is going to be enough adjustment.

Markopolo

For the triple front chainring I ditched the sram rival fd, it couldn't handle the 3 rings with the attachment setup. Went down to the store and they had a shimano triple braze on and that is so much better, and the scalloped cage works better then the straight railed sram. I ended up going around the bb with the cable and up through the hole in the bottom. With the shimano's beefier cage it just didn't work with the small ring and where the cable entered as delivered. Up through the bottom works good, used a carb main jet as the cable stop going up through the bottom:) I like the bar end shifters much better then the doubletaps also. The 39 middle ring is nice, lot of range with the option of going to the 52.

mattwall

White Industries makes "VARIABLE BOLT CIRCLE" rings which can accept a tooth differential of between 10 and 24 teeth.
You could have a 50/26 crankset with these rings. I would wonder how well they would shift . Also I am not sure whether the bottom brackets that these accept are suitable for a Cruzbike.